gmoccapy 3.0.7.1 is now in 2.8 release

More
05 Aug 2019 19:49 - 05 Aug 2019 20:05 #141443 by newbynobi
Hallo gmoccapy users,

I just pushed gmoccapy 3.0 to 2.8 release and will merge that one to master within the next hours.
After the 2.8 is launched as stable, I will not support any more gmoccapy 1.xx and 2.xx will only get bug fixes if needed.

The new release does generate most widgets on the fly depending on your INI config, leading in about 25 % time saving in startup for a 3 axis machine.

It do support now 9 axis

lathe configs like XZCW are possible

jogging on a lathe being in diameter mode has been fixed, I am proud to tell you, that gmoccapy is IMHO the only GUI taking care of diameter and radius mode on a lathe. So being in diameter mode jogging 1 mm will move the X-Joint only 0.5 mm! but the diameter will be reduced by 1 mm, If you are in radius mode, the joint will move 1 mm, leading in 2 mm less diameter.

Cutting speed is indicated correct even if you are in constant surface mode.

I added a lot of new configs as simulation, also a gmoccapy_lathe_macros config, thanks to Andy for the brilliant work an cycles. Unfortunately it will not work if you do not have python-rsvg installed (just do sudo apt-get install python-rsvg)

The DRO has now two click functions, clicking on the numbers will toggle the DRO as known, new is clicking on the axisletter, it will open the dialog to set the axis value, so you do not need to go over the touch off page.

In Auto mode, you will find neer the load button the reload button, so no need any more to go first to the EDIT page. (The button on that page is still there)

The optional stops button has gone due to space reasons and according research, nobody is using it. If you need it, just place it in a glade window and embedd it on any place you like.

If you do not need the GUI jog button, you may want to hide them with your own logo. In that case, just add the command line option to gmoccapy in your INI file:
[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = gmoccapy -logo <path to your logo file>
you will need to resize the logo according your needs
[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = gmoccapy -user_mode
will disable the settings button, useful for productive machines

The touch off dialogs and other entry dialogs do now delete the entered text if it is highlighted and a new value is entered.

It will support up to 16 macros!

If a angular axis is used a additional jog vel slider is shown.

I am sure I have not mentioned all changes, but I am curious about your feedback ;-)
Of course gmoccapy 3.0 will work with any gmoccapy 2.0 config without the need of changing your config. It is not able to work with gmoccapy 1.0 configs without changing the config.

Please report any issue you find.

Norbert
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 20:05 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel, phillc54, tommylight, Clive S, pommen, Arpad, TheFabricatorAG, spma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2019 05:35 #141476 by pl7i92
Thank you this will boost the Gui for the main users
as it then will overtake the old axis View on all this nice userfriendly bahavior
The following user(s) said Thank You: kayaba

More
06 Aug 2019 08:56 #141496 by vmihalca
Hi Norbert,

Thanks for the update.
Right now I am using 2.8.pre... and I have updated a while ago to gmoccapy 3.0.
How do I update to this new version?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tivoi

More
06 Aug 2019 17:58 #141544 by newbynobi
Just update your branch and recompile if you are running rip environment. If you use buildbot, just use the paketmanager.

Norbert

More
06 Aug 2019 20:28 #141546 by islander261
Norbert

The optional stop button and functionality was actually quite helpful in the pre PlasmaC days when trouble shooting cutting parameter and material changes on plasma tables.

John

More
06 Aug 2019 20:40 #141547 by newbynobi
Hallo John,

if you realy need the button, i can make a glade panel and integrate that one right side of the spindle part. Well you do not have that on a plasma,?

Norbert

More
06 Aug 2019 21:49 #141549 by islander261
Norbert

Thank you for the offer of assistance, while I don't need the optional stop button now that I use PlasmaC I am sure it will be useful for others.

John

More
07 Aug 2019 16:24 #141619 by newbynobi
OK, so I will not take any actions now. I have never used that button, and you are the first one I know, who mentioned it is useful ;)

Norbert

More
11 Aug 2019 00:52 #141887 by spma
Hi newbynobi!
Thank you for your work developing this interface, I really like it. I still haven't tested this new version but just wanted to leave some input regarding touchscreens and the previous version (the one present on the v2.7.14 release, I don't know which one it is). When using a touchscreen, the button tool-tips that appear when a button is hovered are quite annoying when navigating though the menus because it prevents clicking on the same spot twice in a row (which I started to notice when opening the tool table and then wanting to do a "Tx M6", whose buttons are on the same spot or close enough, I don't remember).
Is there a way to disable the button tool-tips in this new version? If not, would it be too difficult to implement some INI preference that would deactivate them? It would be very helpful when using a touchscreen...
Thanks in advance,
Simão

More
12 Aug 2019 16:35 #141971 by newbynobi
Hallo Simão,

at the moment I have not planed to make the tool tips a configuration matter. I need to check if that is possible, as I mix the tool tips in glade file and also in the widgets I generate on the fly.

I will put that on my ToDo list and check if it is possible to realize within a reasonable time effort.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds