gmoccapy 3.0.7.1 is now in 2.8 release

More
16 Aug 2019 10:00 #142312 by spma
Thank you for your attention Norbert. In the mean time I'll try to manually customize the glade to disable those tooltips.
If I'm not mistaken it's possible to copy the gmoccapy glade file into the configuration folder and customizing it, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2019 14:55 #142322 by newbynobi
Hallo,

no, you can not move the gmoccapy.glade file, as I have no search path in the config dir.
Some tooltips are configured in the gmoccapy file. So most sure you need to edit that file too.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: spma

More
16 Aug 2019 15:04 #142324 by spma
Thought I read something about that ... but now I think I'm probably confusing it with the Gscreen.

So, if you already have some tooltips programmed in the gmoccapy file, maybe it's possible to program them all in there??
If that is possible then I guess the option to disable them would just be a flag in the gmoccapy file that would allow/prevent the execution of those lines...
Just laying out some thoughts on how to approach it but maybe I'll take a closer look on your approach in there and try to come up with some solution.

Simão A.

More
17 Aug 2019 11:20 - 17 Aug 2019 11:22 #142383 by newbynobi
@Simão

Unfortunately it is not as easy as you may think.

The main screen, and all "fixed" widgets (meaning the one not depending on the axis and Joints, macros etc. are build with glade file. That file contains for all fixed widgets a tooltip text. To edit this file, you may open it using any text editor of your choice (not an windows one, because of line ending being different to linux) and just search for "<property name="tooltip_text"...." and just erase the property lines. That will unable all tooltips of the fixed widgets.

Depending on the joint axis relations, the machine style and user selected options like macros, several widgets will be createt on the fly within the gmoccapy.py file. This are mainly the homing button, the touch button and the macro button.

Search in the code for:
set_property("tooltip-text"

and comment all that lines out. (I found 22 matches)

After that save the file and recompile your LinuxCNC if you run rip-environment, Otherwise you will find the glade file in
/usr/share/gmoccapy
and the gmoccapy code part in
/usr/bin/
as gmoccapy without the py ending. You are able to edit them as root or sudo. Please take care to make copies of the files, as any update of LinuxCNC will replace them with the original ones.

Best would be, you find a way to include them as optional parameter, make the corresponding code changes and the ask for a push request, so it will be included as standard and other do share your hard work. That would require a list or dictionary of all "fixed" widgets with their corresponding tool-tip text. Including that dictionary within the python file as optional part would be just a few lines of code.

Norbert
Last edit: 17 Aug 2019 11:22 by newbynobi. Reason: wrong code section selected

More
17 Aug 2019 11:55 #142385 by spma
I see, so you only used the tooltip definition in the gmoccapy file for the dynamic buttons, all the static ones are defined in the glade file, am I right?

It may be a lot of code to check but at least it is "doable"... I'll also check if it is possible to migrate the static tooltips into the gmoccapy file, because if it is, then "commenting" them out with a variable set by the INI file would be the way to go, I think....

Simão A.

More
17 Aug 2019 17:07 #142397 by newbynobi
You are right!

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds