NativeCam raspberry Pi 4

More
19 Jul 2017 10:34 #96044 by FernV

Detected operating system as Ubuntu/precise.

...package nativecam can not be found

Hi,

Retry, I just uploaded for Ubuntu/precise

Fern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2017 11:48 #96047 by BigDo
ok it works :) thank you very much

Niko

More
21 Jul 2017 08:08 #96211 by verticalperformance
Would you be able to create a deb package for ubuntu/xenial?

More
21 Jul 2017 11:45 #96214 by FernV

Would you be able to create a deb package for ubuntu/xenial?

Done

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: verticalperformance

More
27 Jul 2017 10:33 #96545 by verticalperformance
Thanks Fern.
Got it working on a virtual linux Mint 18.1 session, LCNC 2.7.10 and axis. I should have asked for a mint deb :)
I think some of the installation "issues" that have been reported are because the deb appears to install successfully (or at least not report an error) but nothing is actually installed as the install script does not seem to be reporting unsupported distros properly.

Running the install script on mint "seemed" to work but ncam could not be found. (same as Niko's first post)

I got the mint install to work by editing the script to force OS to ubuntu and dist to xenial - suddenly it's all good.

Awesome tool by the way - did a little minor fiddling to correct some of the icons in lathe mode - still I work in progress I guess :)

I also note when running ncam -i etc that the subroutine paths in the .ini are replaced by the ncam path (required), rather than just appending the ncam path to the pre-existing paths. All my ncgui routines broke! Easily fixed, and I expect to ditch most of them anyway for ncam at some point.

Will play with it in the virtual session for a bit before pushing onto real machine.

Thanks again.

Keith

More
29 Jul 2017 14:21 #96647 by FernV

...I also note when running ncam -i etc that the subroutine paths in the .ini are replaced by the ncam path (required), rather than just appending the ncam path to the pre-existing paths

Hi,

It will now append paths, but you could copy or move your ngc files to my-stuff sub-dir.
NativeCAM could do it but will not.

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeltrow

More
17 Aug 2017 18:36 #97666 by yeltrow
Hot dog!!! Just updated a virtual machine running debian stretch I installed from the iso with nativeCam. It worked for me using the github.com/FernV/NativeCAM/blob/master/ncam_debsetup.txt method! NICE WORK!!! I have been using ncam a lot lately for prototype work where I just walk up to the mill with a drawing and start programming from the drawing. It has worked great. The VM I am building is for my use and a friend. Great job!

More
20 Sep 2017 20:44 #99179 by shad061
Hello Fern,
I rebuilt my system today, updated linuxcnc to 2.7.11 and installed using the deb above. I'm having an issue with the UI. Wherever there is an option for dim i.e. Tool Change -> Milling -> Step Down (anyplace under any function it does this) I can not enter "0.010" or any other number that begins with "0.0". "0.1xx" works fine as does "0.2xx". It acts as if the "0" following a decimal is a null or a clear function. I'm not sure if this a problem with Ncam or not. Any ideas? BTW, this app is amazing, it's going to keep my life simple. Thanks for taking the time to develop it.

More
20 Sep 2017 23:40 #99187 by FernV

...Wherever there is an option for dim i.e. Tool Change -> Milling -> Step Down (anyplace under any function it does this) I can not enter "0.010" or any other number that begins with "0.0". "0.1xx" works fine as does "0.2xx". It acts as if the "0" following a decimal is a null or a clear function. I'm not sure if this a problem with Ncam or not.

Hi

If you try to enter 0.005 where I set the minimum to be 0.010 then the returned value is 0.010
I set some limits to avoid errors but I think I will remove most of them in the next release. In the meantime if you want to override the limits, right click on a param value and select 'Change to g-code'. It works with any float value

Fern

More
20 Nov 2017 11:29 #102053 by lucky phil
Hi Fern, I love NativeCAM great work.
I have installed it, I think correctly but now when I edit the tool.lib in the LinuxCNC side the complete program stops working, if I go into an editor and remove the new tool it works again. It may be something simple like the subroutine path that I have edited to get my buttons working but I am not a Linux whiz like most others on here.
Attached is my ini file & the error log that comes up when starting.

Philip
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds