NativeCam raspberry Pi 4

More
09 Jun 2017 18:03 - 09 Jun 2017 18:18 #94371 by Clive S
Fern Thanks for replying you are correct. For the benefit of others I had installed from standard Wheezy iso then brought it up to 2.7.9 curl was not loaded so I installed it with "sudo apt-get install curl" and then run your command line "curl -s packagecloud.io/install/repositories/Fer...iveCAM/script.deb.sh | sudo bash" without problems.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2017 18:18 by Clive S. Reason: added text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2017 01:25 - 10 Jun 2017 02:03 #94379 by gmouer
Hi Fern,

I ran your new script you updated in post #1 of this thread. It appeared to run and install everything without error.

What is lacking is any info on where NativeCam now resides and how to launch it ! I have not deleted my old NativeCam directory just yet because I have not located the new installation ! Also, I am guessing that my old tooltable and configs were not ported into the new install and I will need to redo those along with my desktop shortcuts.

Can you give some instructions for the issues above? Also, how to launch it imbedded with the latest installations. Myself and a lot of others are not very proficient in linux operations.

thanks
George
Last edit: 10 Jun 2017 02:03 by gmouer.

More
10 Jun 2017 03:12 - 10 Jun 2017 03:13 #94381 by gmouer
Well !!!! Just for kicks I clicked my old desktop shortcut which I believed would no longer work because of the new directory structures and such for NativeCam AND............ a window popped up telling me of the new directory structure AND asking me if I wanted to update. I clicked yes and magic happened, Linuxcnc launched with embedded nativecam. Lots of new icons in nativecam from the latest release.

It looks like I am good to go !!!

VERY nice work Fern !! Documenting some of how the new deb system will work and what to expect would save some unnecessary questions like the ones I posted.

Thanks much,
George
Last edit: 10 Jun 2017 03:13 by gmouer.

More
10 Jun 2017 12:32 #94389 by FernV

...What is lacking is any info on where NativeCam now resides

Just for your info it is : /usr/share/linuxcnc/aux_gladevcp/NativeCAM
but like all other applications on your system, you should never access it directly

...and how to launch it !

In any directory just type 'ncam' or 'nativecam' without extension, just like you do with 'gedit'

...I have not deleted my old NativeCam directory just yet because I have not located the new installation ! Also, I am guessing that my old tooltable and configs were not ported into the new install and I will need to redo those along with my desktop shortcuts.

Your tool table ang configs are always in the directory where your inifile is

...Also, how to launch it imbedded with the latest installations

Nothing has changed from non_deb version in the setting up of new config, type 'ncam -h' for info

Fern

More
13 Jun 2017 17:51 #94458 by newbynobi
Hallo Fern,

I just tried to install NativeCAM with your script, but the package nativecam can not be found.
gmoccapy@machinekit:~$ curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/FernV/NativeCAM/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
Detected operating system as debian/jessie.
Checking for curl...
Detected curl...
Running apt-get update... done.
Installing debian-archive-keyring which is needed for installing 
apt-transport-https on many Debian systems.
Installing apt-transport-https... done.
Installing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/FernV_NativeCAM.list...done.
Importing packagecloud gpg key... done.
Running apt-get update... done.

The repository is setup! You can now install packages.
gmoccapy@machinekit:~$ sudo apt-get install nativecam
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
E: Paket nativecam kann nicht gefunden werden.

Is that, because I am running Jessie?

Norbert

More
13 Jun 2017 18:05 - 13 Jun 2017 18:06 #94461 by eFalegname
Hi Fern! I've got the same message in ubuntu 10.04. Maybe because my old ubuntu is not supported at all.Is it?
Last edit: 13 Jun 2017 18:06 by eFalegname.

More
13 Jun 2017 18:05 #94463 by FernV

Hallo Fern,

I just tried to install NativeCAM with your script, but the package nativecam can not be found.

Is that, because I am running Jessie?

Hi Norbert,

The package is registered as a wheezy though it is the same for all.
I will make it available for at least Jessie or better 'all' if possible on packagecloud.io

It will be done in 5 hours from now.

Fern

More
13 Jun 2017 18:54 #94471 by newbynobi
Hallo Fern,

I just changed the jessie part to wheezy in synaptic :)
I was able to install and use it within gmoccapy.

In your docu you write the -t parameter will only work with axis, but I tried with gmoccapy that parameter and it seem to work.

After the first part in sim config i found, that the program won't run with your sample gmoccapy mill mm config, as you missed to include sim_spindle.hal, so you will never get a spindle_on_speed signal. Also the macros has been disabled, they can work besides NativeCAM, without giving any trouble. I also added the gmoccapy_postgui.hal file, as that one does link the spindle at speed LED, the feedback bar and it does enable also the tool change dialog.

Please find attached my config folder. I would thank if you do change the sim config to include also the disabled gmoccapy features.

Norbert
Attachments:

More
13 Jun 2017 23:18 #94490 by FernV

Hi Fern! I've got the same message in ubuntu 10.04. Maybe because my old ubuntu is not supported at all.Is it?

Try now, it is available for Wheezy, Jessie, Lucid and Trusty.
Others will be added on request or if I find to add for '_all' distributions

Fern

More
13 Jun 2017 23:42 #94493 by FernV

...I just changed the jessie part to wheezy in synaptic

I was able to install and use it within gmoccapy.

Thanks for the tip

In your docu you write the -t parameter will only work with axis, but I tried with gmoccapy that parameter and it seem to work.

The -t or --tab has effect only with axis

After the first part in sim config i found, that the program won't run with your sample gmoccapy mill mm config, as you missed to include sim_spindle.hal, so you will never get a spindle_on_speed signal. Also the macros has been disabled, they can work besides NativeCAM, without giving any trouble. I also added the gmoccapy_postgui.hal file, as that one does link the spindle at speed LED, the feedback bar and it does enable also the tool change dialog.

Please find attached my config folder. I would thank if you do change the sim config to include also the disabled gmoccapy features.

The reason is avoiding confusion by showing only features that are part of NativeCAM

If someone would like to see it with all features supplied with gmoccapy, he could simply run
$ ncam -i path/to/gmoccapy/examples/mill.ini

then
$ linuxcnc path/to/gmoccapy/examples/mill.ini

Regards
Fern

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds