NativeCam raspberry Pi 4

More
27 Jun 2017 13:47 #95050 by tecno
Now I have and now I can run Ncam.

Thank you!

Bengt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2017 19:58 #95071 by eFalegname
Hi Fern.
After so many hours trying to install NativeCam I only succeeded from synaptic. :sick:

Thank you!
Attachments:

More
02 Jul 2017 07:39 #95273 by racedirector
Been fighting to install the deb on Linux Mint 18.1 only to find the reliance on truetype-tracer which is not available as a deb from anywhere I could find. So I downloaded the source and compiled it but nativecam still complains. Can I then still install from git or is there a workaround for the deb?

More
02 Jul 2017 13:17 - 03 Jul 2017 09:08 #95276 by racedirector
Just an addendum to above, I am using a run-in-place install on Mint 18.1 64 bit using lcnc 2.7.9 with gmoccapy as my interface. Any help getting ncam running in that environment would be appreciated.

Cheers
Last edit: 03 Jul 2017 09:08 by racedirector.

More
03 Jul 2017 13:11 #95305 by racedirector
Got it to work by installing nativecam without the dependency of truetype-tracer which I then installed later. All running now on Mint 18.1 64 bit RIP 2.7.9

More
03 Jul 2017 23:10 #95337 by FernV
Hi Bruce,

Sorry for not answering before, I was away for the week-end. There is no package for Linux Mint yet, they are all the same for different versions and I must push a package for each one because packagecloud.io does not allow an 'all' package. That makes a lot of redundancy. I must find a way to simplify this.

Got it to work by installing nativecam without the dependency of truetype-tracer

Can you please explain how you did it ?

...which I then installed later. All running now on Mint 18.1 64 bit RIP 2.7.9

You were not able before but now you could ? How ?

Your answer will help me improve the installation script.

Regards
Fern

More
04 Jul 2017 13:07 #95354 by racedirector
Hi Fern

The biggest issue I see is the forced truetype_tracer dependency, Mint 18 does not have it available. So to get around that I downloaded a 32 bit deb of tt-t and installed that then tried nacm. Didn't work as ncam said it still needed tt-t. So I then removed tt-t again and installed it from source. That didn't work either.

In the end I downloaded the Ubuntu Trusty deb from you and forced the install with dpkg --force-all -i (installs without missing dependencies) and it worked. I then reinstalled tt-t and so far all is well. I have followed the usual directions to get ncam running embedded in gmoccapy. As as side note I probably will never use Truetype tracing as I use Vectric Aspire and Fusion 360 for my CAM work so the requirement to install it alongside ncam, for me, was un unnecessary distraction.

Now all I have to do is work out how to get ncam to start up with a blank screen, my copy of gmoccapy complains the it can't be in one of the modes until I get it out of estop, either MDI or AUTO. Can't remember that bit as I have pulled the computer apart to replace the case and power supply.

Hope that helps in some way.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: FernV

More
04 Jul 2017 15:44 #95360 by FernV

..all I have to do is work out how to get ncam to start up with a blank screen

You can not. For every project, you have to define some parameters and this is what the default template does. Set the parameters at the values you need then save it. You can not use a circle only because it will result in an error that some parameters are not defined.

If you try to save a blank template, it will simply erase the it but next time it will copy the default template back. A template is a quick way to start a project.

Fern

More
04 Jul 2017 20:14 #95374 by lagore
I am trying to get ncam to run in a tab but don't quite understand how to, I have put ncam -t in place of ncam but it still does not display in a tab and mess' my screen real estate!

More
04 Jul 2017 20:19 #95375 by FernV

...I have put ncam -t in place of ncam but it still does not display in a tab...

You alson need the inifile parameter like :
$ ncam -i inifile -t -c mill

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmihalca

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds