PathPilot on Parallel port

More
20 Oct 2015 03:28 #63978 by mikeT
Replied by mikeT on topic PathPilot on Parallel port
Hello Bruce

Thought for a while that we had lost you. Good to hear you are back on the case and sorting out the final bugs.

There are a few of us non-literates who would welcome an interim listing of your files, just to get us started with PP for PP.

Bruce, if you are an ex Kiwi then things are not that bad. I enjoyed several visits to Wellington a while back. My money is now on the All Blacks for the title. My wife is a Scot and she cried real tears when Scotland were knocked out in the last minute.

Regards

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2015 22:41 - 25 Oct 2015 15:58 #64220 by mikeT
Please, I need some help with this.

I bought a new Intel D525MW Desktop PC and installed and configured LInuxcnc. It works OK
I then installed Tormach Pathpilot Ver 1.9.2b 9-2-2015. from the self loading disc PN 35246.
Changed the config_file.txt to tormach_mill_sim.ini and it opened in the sim screen. Appears to work OK
Then I loaded the previously published 'racedirectors' blacksheep_pp.ini , blacksheep_pp.hal , pmdx126-custom. hal and postgui_blacksheep_custom.hal into the tormach_mill configurations directory alongside the existing tormach_mill_sim files. I changed the config_file.txt to point to blacksheep_pp.ini

When I try to run blacksheep_pp, it gets as far as the tormach splash screen and displays the error message "Machine software experienced and error. Install a software update" I cannot find a way past this.
Can anyone help? what am I doing wrong?

Mike
Last edit: 25 Oct 2015 15:58 by mikeT.

More
24 Oct 2015 23:19 - 24 Oct 2015 23:32 #64224 by cncbasher
it's looking for the mesa hardware and bit file being loaded
but you want to use it on a parallel port ? and not a 5i25 ?

i'm looking at this at the moment , to put a permanant fix in
Last edit: 24 Oct 2015 23:32 by cncbasher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeT

More
25 Oct 2015 00:00 - 25 Oct 2015 00:27 #64225 by mikeT
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I wish to use the parallel port, I do not have a MESA.

I am using the 'racesdirector' files as published on 27 September 2015

'racedirector' s blacksheep +PP.hal files appear to be redirecting the outputs to parport.0. Could it be picking up the MESA from elsewhere?

Bruce will be very pleased now that the All Blacks are through to the finals of the World Cup

Mike
Last edit: 25 Oct 2015 00:27 by mikeT.

More
25 Oct 2015 00:26 #64226 by cncbasher
it's not in the Hal files where the problem is
it's the way Tormach have wrote their parts , so it's a bit deeper .. i know where it is , i'll let you know once iv'e fixed it

More
25 Oct 2015 00:40 #64227 by mikeT
Hello S

'racedirector' must have fought his way around this problem because he has got his machine to run

Mike

More
25 Oct 2015 01:18 #64230 by cncbasher
yes you can fudge it , but i'm looking at permanantly , making it easier .

More
25 Oct 2015 08:56 #64242 by racedirector
Hi guys

Mike, I did have the problem but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to fix it. I did not touch the PathPilot source at all, I think it comes from the shell script that starts PP.

I am attaching all my current files (hal & ini), if anyone uses them take care as my custom stuff like mb2hal loading, x200 VFD and pmdx126 stuff is included.

Cheers

BTW Mike. I was so nervous last night but we are through,....... go Argentina! :)
Attachments:

More
25 Oct 2015 15:52 #64245 by mikeT
Bruce,
Did you load your ' blacksheep_pp.stuff, into the tormach_mill configurations directory alongside the existing tormach_mill_sim files. Or did you modify the contents of the tormach_mill_sim files to reflect the blacksheep_pp.stuff? This may be important to how PP responds.

What is displayed at the bottom right of the screen? does it show blacksheep or sim?

Sounds like VW are not alone in using defeat software.

BTW. I turned blue from holding my breath during the last fifteen minutes. Could easily have lost due to another poor referee decision, just like Scotland.

Cheers

Mike

More
25 Oct 2015 16:17 #64246 by racedirector
Mike

The files are in the tmc folder in configs along side the tormach files. My config file contains "~/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/blacksheep_pp.ini". Pathpilot show the version as FRANK V1.9.2.

Hope that helps...

I was a mess last night, being a smoker I had about 3 before the game and 2 more at half time. I think I actually started rebreathing when the Boks knocked on in the 80th minute :)

Cheers
Bruce

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds