Pathpilot on 5i25 + 7i76 config issues -> can't get past eStop lockout

More
14 Mar 2017 14:20 #89588 by smgvbest
well over on eevblog we always say check power first. dooh!
since we have confirmed you can see the pin change, if you don't see it in pathpilot, there's something up with the hal file.
hopefully everything works off the bat now and you're golden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2017 14:59 #89744 by Dubmfg
Even after a reinstall I was unable to use HALWATCH or HALSCOPE to see the input pins changing status unfortunately. I decided to switch over to LinuxCNC natively for now and approach this at another time.

More
16 Mar 2017 15:53 #89749 by Lcvette

Even after a reinstall I was unable to use HALWATCH or HALSCOPE to see the input pins changing status unfortunately. I decided to switch over to LinuxCNC natively for now and approach this at another time.

Sounds like you are battling pretty hard to get path pilot working. Seems to be hit or miss whether people are able to get it working easily or end up fighting with it. I wish I understood it more clearly but I'm hoping that after getting a feeling for configuring LinuxCNC​ and proofing my hardware, wiring and connections that it will be a little easier getting Pathpilot working. I think you are on the right track, flush out any outside issues and get the machine running and then come back and attack the pathpilot configuration. I'm assuming this is on your G0704?

More
16 Mar 2017 16:33 #89751 by Dubmfg
Yup, for the 0704. I have my jog pendant and limit switches/coolant/estop all working happily in Linuxcnc now. I have to bang out some work then when I have time to tinker again I'll get back to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
30 Mar 2017 18:22 #90594 by Lcvette

Yup, for the 0704. I have my jog pendant and limit switches/coolant/estop all working happily in Linuxcnc now. I have to bang out some work then when I have time to tinker again I'll get back to it.

Still running good? No worries or hiccups? What home and limit switches are you using?

Chris

More
30 Mar 2017 18:25 #90595 by Dubmfg
Yep, working fine under LinuxCNC 2.7.8 (iirc). Havent given Pathpilot a shot yet, just running what works for now.

Im using SN04-N PNP inductive limit switch sensors. www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3528

More
30 Mar 2017 18:55 #90600 by Lcvette

Yep, working fine under LinuxCNC 2.7.8 (iirc). Havent given Pathpilot a shot yet, just running what works for now.

Im using SN04-N PNP inductive limit switch sensors. www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3528

Hmm, so you are using PNP-Normally Open switches... I have some of those (actually have a bunch of types because I get alot of varying information, but I'm sure I'll use them all for something someday..Lol).. any reason you decided on normally open type switches over normally closed?

Glad you are up and running!! Gives me hope to finally get the lathe operational. How are you finding the user interface of LinuxCNC? I saw the is a probing wizard that can be added to it, I was really interested in party pilot for is user interface and conversational setup, but it seems like it's a tall order to get it up and running right..Hohum..

More
05 Apr 2017 16:08 #90935 by Dubmfg
In responce to LCvette, that's just the first result that came up on google. I am indeed using NC switches.

Getting back to Pathpilot here actually. I have now gotten it working successfully. At the end of the day, what caused my failure in this whole ordeal is something that I really feel a bit miffed for missing...

I forgot to start the serial communications in the tormach .hal file. All I needed was three lines of code....
setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_address 13312
setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_data 38
setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_strobe TRUE

Once I added this, all my limit switches worked, after the usual .hal tweaking to remove the (now incorrect) gpio calls and remove or replace them with 5i25.0.7i76 calls.

So, a long process, but hey, I learned a damn lot!

More
05 Apr 2017 17:01 #90938 by PCW
Must have been something else you changed

setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_address 13312
setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_data 38
setp hm2_5i25.0.raw.write_strobe TRUE

is just a long winded way of setting the encoder filter timing, nothing else

This is more easily done with current LinuxCNC with
setp hm2_5i25.0.encoder.sample frequency 1000000

More
05 Apr 2017 17:03 #90939 by Dubmfg

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds