Anyone beta testing Pathpilot 2.0?

More
14 Dec 2017 16:32 #103119 by sharmstr
Correct, I mistook VM for VB. How do you run PP in sim mode on a windows or mac without a VM?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2017 17:20 #103120 by DaOne
As the primary OS. There is also a python file in 2.0 that checks the machine to see if its a VM. I had to edit that file to add a "VMWare" ID so it would run in sim for the time being. You can also do this on a regular PC not running VM to fool it into running as a sim. I have not had a ton of time to dive into it yet. When PP2.0 detects a VM it will automatically bypass the setting file. Open the machine selector and what ever you choose will run in sim mode. Don't have to do anything else. I will post more info on this when I get home.

More
14 Dec 2017 18:19 #103121 by mrichard
I have Pathpilot 1.9.13 running on my mill and on sim mode in the house. I am having a problem upgrading to PP2.0 in both places. After booting and accepting R-Drive terms I get the R-Drive error message "Unable to locate target object for system restore. Your system will be shut down now. Any thoughts on what may be causing the upgrade to stall? Thanks, Michael

More
14 Dec 2017 18:36 #103124 by smgvbest
it's checked in operator_login for several things
1. presense of a VM
2. grepcount=1 which you set in operator_login

3rd one is in the main python file for the UI checks if sim is in the config_file name.
self.is_sim_config = False
if "_sim" in ini_file_name:
config_name += '-sim'
self.is_sim_config = True
so any of those 3 methods get you into sim mode

the 2nd and 3rd don't care if you your in a VM or not

More
14 Dec 2017 18:38 #103125 by smgvbest

I have Pathpilot 1.9.13 running on my mill and on sim mode in the house. I am having a problem upgrading to PP2.0 in both places. After booting and accepting R-Drive terms I get the R-Drive error message "Unable to locate target object for system restore. Your system will be shut down now. Any thoughts on what may be causing the upgrade to stall? Thanks, Michael

some reason it's not seeing your drive. if you're a tormach user I'd go to them first for help, you paid for it.
if you're not a tormach user is this a VM or standalone PC install?

More
14 Dec 2017 19:45 - 14 Dec 2017 19:51 #103126 by mrichard
I am running a non Tormach mill on 1.9.13 and it runs very well. The other computer in the house has two SSD, one for PP and one for Windows. PP 1.9.13 runs fine on it. I re-boot between them as needed by changing the boot sequence in the bios. I have played with Grepcount=1 or not in operator login and it makes no difference when trying to upgrade to 2.0. The same happens on the mill computer. I wonder if I got a bum upgrade stick from Tormach. The files look good and check out OK when running R-drive's check files though. So they are probably OK I guess. I am stumped, but will keep digging. If anyone has successfully upgraded, kindly let me know. Thanks for your help, Michael
Last edit: 14 Dec 2017 19:51 by mrichard. Reason: spelling mistake

More
14 Dec 2017 20:56 #103128 by mrichard
OK, here is what allowed me to upgrade... I had to dis-connect the Windows SSD and boot from the Pathpilot USB Upgrade stick. Apparently the upgrade looks for one drive. Since I had two drives in there, it didn't see the right one. This was just a lucky guess on my part, by dis-connecting the primary drive. Thanks, Michael

More
15 Dec 2017 19:11 - 16 Dec 2017 13:32 #103141 by mrichard
How do you get into your files in PP 2.0? The left alt shift is not working for me using a wireless keyboard. Does anyone know if it works with a basic wired keyboard? I have tried editing using Linux Mint on a USB stick, and can't get anything to edit or save. I am a rookie using Linux, but I did get PP 1.9.13 to work on my mill. Thanks for your help, Michael

Edit, I managed to find an old wired keyboard and got to the files. Had to add and edit a config_file.txt and pathpilot.json file. The install kept trying to select the ethernet Mesa board when I selected 1100-3 mill option at start up. After editing the two files I mentioned I got it going. I am only running in sim mode on house computer so far. Want to get things figured out before I start on the mill. Overall for the mill option not much has changed. The internet connection and Linux Mint system is much nicer to work with though. Thanks
Last edit: 16 Dec 2017 13:32 by mrichard. Reason: update on wired keyboard

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds