nertajet hp125

More
12 Jul 2019 16:22 #139183 by vre
Replied by vre on topic nertajet hp125
i have a mesa 7i80hd what i need to connect nertajet hp125 ?
thcad5 or 10 or 300 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 17:19 #139191 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic nertajet hp125
Spent 20 minutes searching for it but could not find it.
I did an extencive reply on how to decide just that, so leme try it in a shorter version:
Does it have a divider or a jack ?
Can you find some resistors and wire them to make a voltage divider ? The values should be as PCW mentioned it i several posts, could not find them, my search fu is weak today !
If both are NO, then you need to get the 300 and wire it directly ( well also the above second version is wired directly ) , but need to find the right place to wire it.
Usually all decent plasma cutters have a filtering section that also protects the rectifier from high voltages during pilot arc, a smallish board with some resistors and some capacitors , use a DVM set to measure short circuits and put one probe of DVM to the plasma ground wire ( thick wire that clamps to the table ), with the other probe find the short to that board and connect the POSITIVE wire that will go to the THCAD through a resistor or without it. Do the same for the torch wire and connect the negative wire of the THCAD to the board.
To recap,
THCAD 10 if it has a divider or you want to make one yourself,
THCAD 300 if you do not want to make a divider.

More
12 Jul 2019 18:11 #139198 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic nertajet hp125
THCAD 300 is the best to use on this plasma
as the isolation is more acurate to the powerfull charger

More
12 Jul 2019 18:30 #139200 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic nertajet hp125
We now have some info on selecting a THCAD option in our new plasma primer in the docs for 2.8 and 2.9
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...h_model_thcad_to_use

More
14 Oct 2019 13:34 #147868 by vre
the nertajet hp125 is high defintion plasma that does not cut with plain air
only with special cutting gasses(O2/ArH2/N2) & shielding gasses also with water vortex.
ocp150 torch is patented...

OCP 150
Thanks to a soft start
of the pilot arc without
high frequency
(patent),
the installation can go on the
environments
possessing electronic
and informatic material
without interference.
Thanks to a removable
body structure
(patent)
replacing consumable parts
or changing the process
is a simple and quick action

I have asked price for original ocp150 and it is very high the torch costs more that a whole good chinese machine.
IS possible to find an original cheap replacement (used/surplus) or a torch that is compatible
I think china p80/125 torches are not compatible...

Can i get the original consumables and make my own torch with 5m 95mm^2 & 16mm^2 flexible cable (95mm goes to electrode 16mm to nozzle for the pilot arc)

Here is the manual or ocp150
www.docdroid.net/JaAO7PP/86959032sp-vl.pdf
and here the consumables..
www.docdroid.net/3fNtkUe/saf-ocp150.pdf

if i get only the consumables buy cables/hoses it will possible to build a torch with same functionality in lathe ?

More
14 Oct 2019 14:31 #147869 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic nertajet hp125
It should also work with air, but the problem of the high cost of consumables remains.
You can also build your torch, just take care of the insulation, and do NOT use the same consumables as the price would stay the same beating the purpose.
You can change the cable and torch, might need some fittings made, but easily doable, cost of consumables would drop, but so will the cut quality.
The best idea in your case and the solution i always use for such cases is to add another cheaper plasma cutter to the system and have two configs for Linuxcnc that automatically switch between them at program start. This requires more wiring and a relay to switch the THC input, also separate relays for torch on signal.
This raises the initial cost, but the savings are really good.
And that gives you another discussion point when quoting prices giving them the choice of lower quality cut at a lower price and the high quality cut for a bit more price.
The torches i always use are Trafimet A141 or A161, the first with 12M cable set me back some 500 Euros, while the torchalone is 180 i think, i got several of them. The cost for a set of consumables is 5 Euro and they can do well over 1KM of cutting on a 3mm sheet. Yes that is 1000M, 1 Kilo Meter.

More
14 Oct 2019 17:32 #147875 by vre
datasheet of nertajet says that does not cut with plain air.
I have read that high definition plasma machines that cut with O2/ArH2/N2/water vortex are more expensive and complex than those cutting with air.
I have send mail to trafimet for ocp150 replacement and wait answer..
I have asked 2 local shops if can help and both told me no because an orher torch will not work and will damage the machine.
The machine has pilot arc but it is no HF nor blowback it is a patent but i don't know what exactly.If i find how pilot arc in ocp150 works then it will be more easy to find compatible replacement torch.
What is your opinion to risk with p80/p125 torch from ebay?
ocp150 costs more than 1500eur and that only for oxygen torch not ArH2/N2/water vortex
O2 is only for cutting steel for aluminum/ss needs ArH2/N2 and other components in ocp150 that explode the cost.
Also the ocp150 is water cooled with a 1000w chiller.
consumables for ocp150 are not expensive i have found them with logic prices.
The whole torch itself is expensive.
Also 50liters/200bar O2 costs about 15-20eur so it does not seem so expensive to have
high definition cuts.

More
21 Feb 2021 08:34 - 21 Feb 2021 08:39 #199582 by vre
Hello again.
Finally i started the plasma and works also have THC with z axis built in.
Original torch ocp150 does not work with HF pilot arc but
with 350VDC and with electrovalves that inject argon gas for pilot arc ignition
So the patent(soft start pilot arc without HF) that have nertajet hp125 with ocp150 torch is 350VDC & some argon gas.
Argon is used because has much less breakdown voltage than simple air so pilot arc ignites without HF that makes trouble to electronics.

After that iam searching an 120A high definition torch that accepts water cooling
also that can get 2nd shielding gas and has blowback function for pilot arc ignition.
I know that blowback method torches does not go up to 120A or maybe not have
water cooling or get 2nd shielding gas but iam searching what exists
in market for blowback torches..
I want blowback because can ignite pilot arc without argon gas only with plain air..
My machine does not have HF for pilot arc so i must use blowback torch with air
or other torch without blowback with argon injection for pilot arc.
This plasna machine can regulate current so i can use a lower than 120A
economic blowback torch for thin metals..

P125 / P80 have blowback function?
Last edit: 21 Feb 2021 08:39 by vre.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds