7i96 and PlasmaC Permission Denied

More
23 Aug 2019 12:46 #142946 by MakingStuff

So you should be able to run the Configurator to create a new config using the INI and HAL files I posted.

I ran the configurator and I get the same python error that I attached a screen shot of a few days ago. I also got the Network unavailable error and had to replace the line you edited with your original suggestion below.

loadrt hm2_eth board_ip="192.168.1.121" config="num_encoders=1 num_stepgens=4 sserial_port_0=1"

I won't have access to this machine for a week. So I won't be able to try anything else for a while. I hope we can get this going.

Thanks,
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 23:25 - 23 Aug 2019 23:26 #143018 by phillc54
But I changed that line in the HAL file I posted here .

Did you use the INI and HAL files that I posted?

Edit: Yes, we will get it going.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2019 23:26 by phillc54.

More
24 Aug 2019 19:04 #143108 by MakingStuff

Did you use the INI and HAL files that I posted?

Yes I used the files that you posted. I think you took the double quotes out of the line (or added them, I can't remember). I had to change the line back to what originally fixed the problem. Which is the line below.

loadrt hm2_eth board_ip="192.168.1.121" config="num_encoders=1 num_stepgens=4 sserial_port_0=1"

More
24 Aug 2019 23:25 - 25 Aug 2019 00:34 #143112 by phillc54
OK, that was the one I did a while back. I'll do some testing to see why it doesn't like the other format.

Edit:
Well, TWOPASS definitely doesn't like the format of the line produced by the 7i96 config tool. It works fine with lines generated by the PncConf config tool.
So I guess I will need to try to parse that line and convert it to something that twopass likes.
Last edit: 25 Aug 2019 00:34 by phillc54.

More
25 Aug 2019 02:46 #143116 by phillc54
OK I have got a config to build using the unmodified INI and HAL files generated by your 7i96 config tool.

It works on my 7i76e by renaming the BOARD and changing the IPADDRESS so all looks good.

I have fixed the Configurator so it now modifies the "loadrt [HOSTMOT2](DRIVER)" line so it runs with TWOPASS.

The Python error you were getting was caused by you not having jog increments in the [DISPLAY] section of the INI file. I have done a mod to bypass this as well.

You will need to wait until the BuildBot creates a new build then you can update.You can find the time/date of the latest build in the appropriate directory here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MakingStuff

More
30 Aug 2019 19:31 #143687 by MakingStuff

You will need to wait until the BuildBot creates a new build then you can update.You can find the time/date of the latest build in the appropriate directory here.

Thanks!

I'm back and available to try this some more. It looks like there was a build on the 29th, so I'll get the latest and try this again. Will post results here.

More
30 Aug 2019 20:53 #143692 by MakingStuff
Got the latest changes and re-ran the configurator on the base machine and everything worked. I didn't have to modify the ini or hal files to make it work.

Thanks for helping get this going!

If I run into any other problems, I'll just make a new post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds