Pierce height would exceed Z axis maximum limit while ohmic probing

More
17 Apr 2021 16:47 #206195 by bevins

I am not using ohmic3, I am using Ohmic2. Not the thcad but input into mesa.

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me..?

It is using continuity ground energizing a relay not using thcad for the ohmic probe.
I don't have a problem with the dirty metal at all. I still dont understand the issue with the "Pierce height would exceed Z axis maximum limit while ohmic probing". I read the error message. This only makes sense to me iof after the first probe, it knows where the Z is, then for some reason plasmac comp raises the Z all the way up. Can I limit this because that would probably fix the error message becasue it would go no where near the Z max limit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2021 17:36 - 17 Apr 2021 17:36 #206199 by snowgoer540

It is using continuity ground energizing a relay not using thcad for the ohmic probe.
I don't have a problem with the dirty metal at all. I still dont understand the issue with the "Pierce height would exceed Z axis maximum limit while ohmic probing". I read the error message. This only makes sense to me iof after the first probe, it knows where the Z is, then for some reason plasmac comp raises the Z all the way up. Can I limit this because that would probably fix the error message becasue it would go no where near the Z max limit.

Since you arent using a THCAD (I thought you were), then I don't understand why you are using ohmic2. Ohmic, ohmic2, and ohmic3 are all components for doing "hypersensing" with a Mesa THCAD.

I've explained the error message. You are getting a false trip during the probe. It then thinks your material is MUCH higher than it is. And because of that, it knows that it has no room to get to pierce height. The message is valid.

I know nothing about your ohmic circuit, so I guess I can't tell you why you are getting false trips, but that's what is happening. You proved that because it works when you disable ohmic probing.

Finally, the torch goes to the top when this happens because you've encountered an error that caused the program to pause. When the program pauses, the torch goes up to the top. That's normal PlasmaC behavior, and has nothing to do with probing.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2021 17:36 by snowgoer540.

More
17 Apr 2021 20:03 #206219 by bevins

Since you arent using a THCAD (I thought you were), then I don't understand why you are using ohmic2. Ohmic, ohmic2, and ohmic3 are all components for doing "hypersensing" with a Mesa THCAD.

I've explained the error message. You are getting a false trip during the probe. It then thinks your material is MUCH higher than it is. And because of that, it knows that it has no room to get to pierce height. The message is valid.

I know nothing about your ohmic circuit, so I guess I can't tell you why you are getting false trips, but that's what is happening. You proved that because it works when you disable ohmic probing.

Finally, the torch goes to the top when this happens because you've encountered an error that caused the program to pause. When the program pauses, the torch goes up to the top. That's normal PlasmaC behavior, and has nothing to do with probing.

OK so if I get what your saying it gets a false probe say half way down and thinks the material is actually higher than it is and tries to go up.

I am using the one of the first Ohmic sensing circuit's rodw put out.
I will check the validity of this. It happens alot so I should be able to see the ohmic lite go on before it hits the material.

Ohmic sensing circuit.....

Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2021 21:45 - 17 Apr 2021 21:46 #206231 by bevins
There is some things that are working how I would expect them to work. Maybe I just dont get it.

example: vel only show 60 while cutting and it doesnt go over even if I override it and raise it up, The material shows 185 cut feed rate, and FR on main screen shows 185
but when cutting it doesnt go over 60. I can jog over 500. It is set now that I can jog about 400ipm.
I dont know where it is stopping it at 60 where it says vel on main screen. I assume that is the velocity it is cutting at in IPM because I am set for that.

Another issue is for example when cutting out letters, when it is done inside cut arcing lead out it stops after arc goes up and cycle pause is flashing, so I either need to hit cycle start and sometimes it goes on with gcode and sometimes it goes down probes and torch comes on and just sits there. I don't know what this behavior is caused by.

Those are the two main issue, other than testing thc which is next. I cut alot lately testing and these issues are always there. While using the float switch I do not have the issue but I need to look into why I am getting false probe hits if in fact I am.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2021 21:46 by bevins.

More
18 Apr 2021 00:14 - 18 Apr 2021 03:40 #206244 by phillc54
Can you post a compressed file of your config and also the gcode file you are having issues with in regards to cut velocity.

When it stops with CYCLE PAUSE flashing is there a popup error message or a error message in the terminal.

Here is another way of wiring relays for ohmic similar to what islander261 was using, it may be worth a try.

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Apr 2021 03:40 by phillc54.

More
18 Apr 2021 11:48 - 18 Apr 2021 11:57 #206296 by bevins

Can you post a compressed file of your config and also the gcode file you are having issues with in regards to cut velocity.

When it stops with CYCLE PAUSE flashing is there a popup error message or a error message in the terminal.

Here is another way of wiring relays for ohmic similar to what islander261 was using, it may be worth a try.

I'll try that but I dont see the difference really.I didnt see the relay fire when I got this message last night. I was checking after snow sent me in this direction.

OK I attached the config and gcode where it goes no faster than 60 as it shows in the gui.

Valid arc lost.... I dont get that one. IT was at the end of an operation when it is leading out. Why would I get arc loss. The gcode was M5 cut stop, so why would the program pause? line 102 of gcode

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Apr 2021 11:57 by bevins.

More
18 Apr 2021 12:11 #206297 by phillc54

OK I attached the config and gcode where it goes no faster than 60 as it shows in the gui.

This line in the [TRAJ] section of the ini file is the reason for your slow velocity:
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.00
this is in units per second, so 60 in/min
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
18 Apr 2021 12:23 - 18 Apr 2021 12:23 #206300 by bevins

This line in the [TRAJ] section of the ini file is the reason for your slow velocity:
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.00
this is in units per second, so 60 in/min

Thanks, I stared at the ini for a long time and didnt see it. lol
Last edit: 18 Apr 2021 12:23 by bevins.

More
18 Apr 2021 12:36 #206301 by bevins
I just found that when ohmic probing it was tripped when it started probing. I blew out the nozzle with air and I saw a bit of water came out. Once I did that the ohmic trigger went away, so can I assume this is probably the issue with the ohmic probing?

More
18 Apr 2021 19:53 #206327 by tommylight
If at all possible, no lead outs on plasma cutting.
By the time the machine reaches the end of a cut the part has already fallen or there is no material left as it was cut already at the start, so avoiding lead outs is a god habit.
And yes, water can cause ohmic issues, hence the ohmic is never used on water tables, but somehow Rod, Phill, Snowwy and some others here made it work reliably using PCW and Mesa THCAD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds