Pierce height would exceed Z axis maximum limit while ohmic probing

More
18 Apr 2021 19:58 #206330 by bevins

If at all possible, no lead outs on plasma cutting.
By the time the machine reaches the end of a cut the part has already fallen or there is no material left as it was cut already at the start, so avoiding lead outs is a god habit.
And yes, water can cause ohmic issues, hence the ohmic is never used on water tables, but somehow Rod, Phill, Snowwy and some others here made it work reliably using PCW and Mesa THCAD.

OK, no lead outs it is. Can you delete my valid ark lost post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2021 20:06 #206332 by tommylight

Can you delete my valid ark lost post?

Done. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
18 Apr 2021 20:40 #206334 by rodw

And yes, water can cause ohmic issues, hence the ohmic is never used on water tables, but somehow Rod, Phill, Snowwy and some others here made it work reliably using PCW and Mesa THCAD.

Actually Islander261 got Phill to add the torch pulse button so he could get the air flowing before his first pierce to help keep the water out. He also got Phill to add the ohmic test button so he could check if there was any short in the torch tip (either water or other rubbish). So that was his starting procedure, check for shorts, get air flowing, then run his job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Apr 2021 21:44 #206340 by tommylight
:ohmy:
I wrote "using PCW..."
Sorry PCW.

More
19 Apr 2021 16:10 #206407 by bevins
Thanks Tommy and rodw for your help. Greatly appreciated.

As for phil and snowy, great work and thanks for the help.

I think it is under control now.

Just a few things to go over. Mainly THC, which is working but I don't know how good. Have to figure out best way to test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
19 Apr 2021 17:57 #206434 by tommylight
Get a 30cm long plate and a piece of 40x40 to 60x60mm tube, put the tube on one side so the plate is sloped, use the "single cut" feature in QTPlasmaC and watch it raise of fall!

More
20 Apr 2021 09:27 #206513 by rodw

I think it is under control now.

If it makes you feel better, l could not probe today! It ended up being a loose mains wire on the Ohmic power supply. Its been 6 weeks since I cut something cos I have been on a 2kg lifting limit after gall bladder surgery.

One thing I did notice was a build up of oily grease and crap under the ohmic clip so its something to watch out for.

More
20 Apr 2021 09:54 #206516 by tommylight
@Rod,
Hope you get well soon, i have to move 400KG table so waiting for you to help ! :)

More
20 Apr 2021 10:02 #206517 by rodw

@Rod,
Hope you get well soon, i have to move 400KG table so waiting for you to help ! :)

The last person who asked for my help went to Jail before I got there so be careful what you ask for! :woohoo:

I'm all good now. Left my car parked at work and went to hospital for a week to have my gall bladder out then they said no lifting for 6 weeks. I tried to be good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
20 Apr 2021 10:30 #206518 by tommylight

The last person who asked for my help went to Jail before I got there so be careful what you ask for! :woohoo:

Oh cr@p! Never mind, i will cut it into small pieces and reassemble it later! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds