Thc disable

More
07 Mar 2022 23:03 #236614 by paulsao
Thc disable was created by paulsao
Greetings.I hope someone can help me with the following problem:I am cutting a part with multiple holes using fusion 360 and Qtplasmac v1. 217. 128 what I understand is that the Fusion pp already performs the speed decrease for cutting holes but I realize when cutting the thc it does not lock and I see that the z axis moves when it should be locked. The hole diameter is 10mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2022 01:11 #236622 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Thc disable
A few things...

1. It's relatively impossible for us to help you without seeing any G-Code. I suggest you post the file you are trying to cut.
2. Posting a backup of your config made from the parameters (or settings depending on GUI size) can also help greatly.
3. Your version of QtPlasmaC is a bit aged, it's from Nov 25, 2021, latest version is 1.222.168, so it might be worth considering an update as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
08 Mar 2022 03:23 #236628 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Thc disable
Thanks for your help. I attach my g code, tomorrow I will be doing an update to the most recent version.
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2022 04:23 #236630 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Thc disable
I ran you gcode file in a sim config and it looks good. Hopefully we can find something in your config.

Did you notice it the ACTIVE LED was lit when cutting the holes? For me it was only lit when cutting the letters near the end which is correct.

Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2022 17:44 #236696 by paulsao
Regards
Here I attach the configuration of the machine and a photo where you can see that the thc is activated at the time of cutting the holes.
Attachments:

More
09 Mar 2022 00:31 #236725 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Thc disable
I made a sim from this posted config and ran the gcode you posted earlier without any problem.

You are still on an old version, can you update and see if there is any change.

More
10 Mar 2022 00:05 #236797 by snowgoer540
I cant get it to do it on a SIM either. 

I am curious, what locale are you using on your machine?

More
10 Mar 2022 15:12 #236851 by paulsao
Greetings.Thanks for your help and advice, the problem was solved by upgrading to a new version of qtplasmac, thc is now blocked. Attached image of tests to see if you can help me improve the circles on the back or if it seems fine. Thanks. 
Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2022 15:23 #236854 by snowgoer540
Glad to hear it's fixed!

Your circles dont look consistent and round to me, so first and foremost, you need to make sure the following are correct to get round circles:

1. The X axis is square to the Y axis after homing
2. You need to check that for all axes that the commanded length = the length actually traveled with a dial indicator.

If you need an explanation of a process for either, don't hesitate to ask. 

From there you can go down a rabbit hole with lead ins and lead outs, etc. etc., there will be a lot of differing opinions here as to what is best, in the end you need to do testing with different settings and see what works to give you the best cut quality for that material thickness.  

More
10 Mar 2022 16:05 #236860 by paulsao
Yes please I need help with process 1 and 2 that you mentioned in your answer. Thanks.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds