Water cutter retorfit

More
14 Nov 2022 00:10 #256642 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Water cutter retorfit

Ok looks like its easier then my way, i did try this and was having issues, how did you get it to work?

I just pointed the phone camera at your photos. Using Google Lens (though I got to that from Google Translate) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick1001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2022 22:12 #256806 by Nick1001
Replied by Nick1001 on topic Water cutter retorfit
Thanks for the help translating, do you have any idea how to wire it up now? Im thinking that the Pulse + goes to the step pin and the pulse - just goes to ground, same with direction, IDK what the error pin does and im hoping that the offline is stepper enable, any ideas or thoughts?

More
15 Nov 2022 23:41 #256813 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Water cutter retorfit

Thanks for the help translating, do you have any idea how to wire it up now? Im thinking that the Pulse + goes to the step pin and the pulse - just goes to ground, same with direction, IDK what the error pin does and im hoping that the offline is stepper enable, any ideas or thoughts?

Do double check this, but, pulse+ goes to step +, pulse - should go to step - normally, but before wiring this, make sure the pulse minus is not connected internally to GND or 0V. If it is connected to 0V or GND, then yes, you are correct.
BTW, all Mesa boards that i have worked with have differential step and dir outputs, meaning the step+ and step-, where step- can not be wired to ground.

More
16 Nov 2022 03:44 #256828 by Nick1001
Ok awesome, my board should be here early next week so ill have a go at wireing it up then
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Nov 2022 23:41 #257582 by Nick1001
So, i have it moving (YAY) Havent looked at the limit swithces and missing parts for the water jet control however im encountering an issue where i get following errors, i have done some research and found there is a bunch on config options for this but cannot find these options. Also how would i go about removing the spindle controls and replacing with an on off for both the water and aggrigate both on the UI and in a CAM Software (Likely fusion 360). Thanks

More
25 Nov 2022 00:56 #257588 by tommylight
For CAM i can not help.
For following errors, most of the time the velocity/acceleration setting will cause those when set incorrectly.
There are several entries for velocity and acceleration in the ini file for each axis and each joint, those are always in units per second, so mm/s or inch/s.
Lower the jog speed on the GUI and test again, see how far you can push it, note the velocity and set something 20 to 30% lower in the ini.
Do mind that there are
MAX_VELOCITY = 500
MAX_ACCELERATION = 1500.0
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 750
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 2500
First two are in JOINT and in AXIS section for X, Y and Z.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick1001

More
28 Nov 2022 05:40 #257820 by Nick1001
Thanks for all your help so far, i now have it moving and not putting up errors, however i need to add a few buttons and stuff to control a few relays. I have all the buttons in place with pyvpc however im struggling to get any digital outputs to work even setting one to be spindel CW (This is the water jet itself so it should be here) isnt toggling the outputs, any ideas would be appreciated. And is there any way to have a high signal be disabling the spindle CW if that makes sense. The water jet itself is currently setup to 0 being on and 1 being off (This allows the system to depressurise after the controller shuts down for safety, if i have to go the other way around i will, however i would prefer this way). Thanks Nick

More
28 Nov 2022 12:33 #257845 by tommylight
Adding a relay should do what you need, STDP one, NC to 1, NO to 0, and the middle relay contact to water jet pin.

More
30 Nov 2022 00:54 #258061 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Water cutter retorfit

The water jet itself is currently setup to 0 being on and 1 being off (This allows the system to depressurise after the controller shuts down for safety, if i have to go the other way around i will, however i would prefer this way). Thanks Nick

You can do that by inverting an output in LinuxCNC in the HAL layer. 

But you probably want to choose a normally-on output from your interface. I think that the manual says that the 7i96 outputs initialise high, so that's probably going to be fairly easy to configure. 

More
09 Dec 2022 08:23 #258977 by Nick1001
Hi everyone,
Thanks to all your help and hours of googling the watercutter is working, unfortunately the hydraulic leaks that initially were not a problem now are... So while the CNC bit is working and i would love to post a video the machine isnt and wont be for a month or so.
Still thanks heaps for the help

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds