Using a BCS100 controller for a fiber laser or the BCL-AMP?

More
05 Aug 2023 02:46 #276958 by shasse
I am starting in on a fiber laser cutter implementation with LinuxCNC, and I would really like to handle THC in LinuxCNC. I've acquired a BCL-AMP capacitive amplifier, and I believe this should give me the capacitance to digital PWM or frequency that I need to allow LinuxCNC to sense torch height. That amp has a four-pin interface to it, and for the life of me I can't find the pinout of this four-pin connector. This project is for a hackerspace, and we've done some probing (chrismeyer.org/wordpress/?p=356), but nothing conclusive yet.

I'm wondering if anyone has a datasheet for this device, or is running a BCS100 controller where they could look at the wiring to see supply voltage, etc.

Thanks!

ScottĀ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2023 13:03 #277001 by shasse
Here is an image of the interface I an interested in. That attached picture shows pin 4 as the cable ground. Even knowing which pin was the supply voltage and if that was +24V would be very helpful.

I've also attached a picture of the amp itself.

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
04 Oct 2023 09:30 #282260 by LGeurts
Hello Shasse,

I am also looking for the pinout of the BCL-AMP, have you found it already? And do you already know what type of signal comes out of the amplifier, 4-20mA, 1-10V, +-10V?

Thanks in advance!

More
24 Oct 2023 02:53 #283659 by shasse
Unfortunately no I have not found it definitively yet, but I am still continuing investigations. I'll let you know if I find anything.

More
13 Jan 2024 10:03 #290551 by inspirr
bcl-amp internal. mine is weihong but the same thing i guess
Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2024 01:42 #292180 by shasse

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds