PlasmaC THC Up/Down pins are backwards?

More
12 Sep 2019 21:03 #144984 by MakingStuff
I am in the process of setting up my Proma Compac150 THC on my new LinuxCNC2.9 configuration but have run into an issue. The THC that I am using sends an up/down signal back to the CNC machine to adjust the height for the voltage that is set on the THC. I noticed today that if I choose Mode 2 on PlasmaC, there are 2 pins to be configured for up and down but they are configured as output pins on LinuxCNC.

How do I configure this so that the CNC machine moves the torch Up when the Up pin is 5v, and moves the torch down when the down pin is 5V? These pins need to be input pins for my THC to work. It seems that the current configuration by using output pins in LinuxCNC is backwards.

I have been using this THC with the THC-TOMA config for over a year and have had no problems with it. Maybe I just missed something?

Thanks,
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 22:47 #144996 by tommylight
They should definitely be inputs, they are useless as outputs ( well useful only if using a simple H bridge with a DC motor to drive the Z axis ).
Last time i checked ( some 2 months ago ) PlasmaC had them as inputs, and i see no reason for them to be changed.
In another hour or two PhillC will be up and he can shed some light on that, i am not near any of the Linuxcnc computers for now and i need sleep badly .
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
12 Sep 2019 22:59 - 12 Sep 2019 22:59 #144998 by rodw
Just checked the source for V2.9 and it seems correct (as inputs) to me.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ponents/plasmac.comp
pin in  bit     move_down                   "external thc down switch [mode 2])";
pin in  bit     move_up                     "external thc up switch [mode 2]";

EDIT: so as pins they will be move-up and move-down
Last edit: 12 Sep 2019 22:59 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
13 Sep 2019 02:52 #145022 by MakingStuff
The screen on the PlasmaC configurator has them labled as output pins. Is this just an incorrect label?

I am using a 7i96 Mesa card, so if I set the up and down pins to gpio input pins in the hal it should work?

More
13 Sep 2019 06:56 #145028 by pl7i92
there are 2 versions of the proma compact 150
one is sinking
if so they change it with no extra cost as the price is the same

More
13 Sep 2019 08:59 #145037 by phillc54

The screen on the PlasmaC configurator has them labled as output pins. Is this just an incorrect label?

I am using a 7i96 Mesa card, so if I set the up and down pins to gpio input pins in the hal it should work?

Yes, the labels are incorrect, I shall fix them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, MakingStuff, thefabricator03

More
13 Sep 2019 10:13 #145045 by thefabricator03

Yes, the labels are incorrect, I shall fix them.

Thats the good thing about PlasmaC, It is not perfect yet but it is getting their thanks to Phills hard work.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds