Pause option capabilities

More
09 Oct 2019 21:19 #147597 by LuisGZ
Just recently I found about the PlasmaC interface and I'm modding a mini router just to try things around before mounting everything on a real gantry.
I was wondering about a feature for changing consumables halfway through a job, I was thinking pausing, moving the torch all the way to the side and changing things up, then resuming.

How do you guys accomplish this?
I'm thinking making a new button, save a coordinate and a line, move things around, then move back and continue the program at said line (just a newbie idea).

I've seen some threads about the Paused Motion feature, and while I've only managed to enable it with an example gcode, I have yet to find out how to make my .ngc files compatible with it (I've tried plugging M52 P1 with no luck).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2019 21:23 #147598 by thefabricator03
With my large plasma machine, when I need to change the consumables I stop the program, jog the machine to the end of the table and change the consumables then jog back to the place I was at and select the tool path line leading to the next section to be cut. Then select the g-code in the Axis g-code display and select run from line.

Just curious how did you find out about PlasmaC?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuisGZ

More
09 Oct 2019 22:01 #147599 by LuisGZ
Replied by LuisGZ on topic Pause option capabilities
Thanks! I'll try your method, although I'm using Gmoccapy + PlasmaC it doesn't seem to allow clicking and run from line, but it does have a button at the bottom with the same command.

I found about PlasmaC when I was reading a couple of weeks ago info by rodw about Gmoccapy for plasma, then he mentioned transitioning to PlasmaC and so did I.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
09 Oct 2019 22:10 #147601 by thefabricator03
I am sure you will not regret the decision to move to PlasmaC, It is the best thing to ever happen to open source CNC plasma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, LuisGZ

More
19 Oct 2019 07:44 #148296 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Pause option capabilities
I have had a bit of a play with this suggestion from LuisGZ and have come up with this:

Basically you hit pause then the user button programmed for consumable change. It will go to the x/y position and after changing consumables, hit resume and it will return to the original position and begin a probe.

The X, Y and feedrate are all user programmable.

Comments welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, tommylight, Clive S, LuisGZ

More
19 Oct 2019 07:56 #148299 by thefabricator03
Is it possible to be able to pause the machine, then be able to jog to any position and then un pause the machine and it will resume where it left off?

More
19 Oct 2019 07:59 #148300 by tommylight

I have had a bit of a play with this suggestion from LuisGZ and have come up with this:

Basically you hit pause then the user button programmed for consumable change. It will go to the x/y position and after changing consumables, hit resume and it will return to the original position and begin a probe.

The X, Y and feedrate are all user programmable.

Comments welcome.

That is another very nice feature. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
19 Oct 2019 08:35 #148308 by phillc54

Is it possible to be able to pause the machine, then be able to jog to any position and then un pause the machine and it will resume where it left off?

Probably could be done but not with the existing jog buttons which then leads to where to put them. It would be quite a bit of work.
Actually in Axis I think we may be able to use the existing as Axis lends itself to almost unlimited customisation. Again, a lot more work.
What purpose would this be for?

More
19 Oct 2019 08:48 #148309 by thefabricator03
I was just wondering if it was possible, for my use just stopping then jogging to where I want to go for a consumable change then restarting the program from where I left off is easy enough. I could always use your new feature to bring the torch back to the start of the program as it is usually close to the edge of the table.

More
19 Oct 2019 09:06 #148311 by phillc54
You can set this feature up so it only runs along one axis.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds