Void Lock Kerf Crossing suggestion

More
23 Apr 2020 12:47 #165253 by phillc54

Since you two are bickering about it

Sorry Tom, I just get my knickers in a knot now and then. A bit of frustration with lack of feedback.
Time for a Jameson and soda...
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2020 12:55 #165255 by rodw

Since you two are bickering about it

Sorry Tom, I just get my knickers in a knot now and then. A bit of frustration with lack of feedback.
Time for a Jameson and soda...

There is probably not much more Plasmac needs feedback on. Its become fairly mature. If we can sort out this kerf crossing revised probing and the wet ohmic sensing it should be just about done...

More
23 Apr 2020 13:08 #165258 by phillc54
I give up...

More
23 Apr 2020 13:55 #165262 by tommylight

I give up...

Et tu fili brute???
:)

More
24 Apr 2020 04:55 #165352 by rodw
OK, I've hit a couple of snags here.

I need to ignore the voltage spike at the beginning of a cut as its triggering the kerf enable but the characteristics are different to a kerf cross so it stays on.

Does plasmac.thc-active go true when the time delay before enabling the thc function expires? I need a signal at that point.

It would also be nice to have an additional pin to disable the THC because plasmac.thc-disable is already in use so I'd need to use an OR2 in hal and I have so much in hal already.

More
24 Apr 2020 05:23 #165354 by phillc54

Does plasmac.thc-active go true when the time delay before enabling the thc function expires? I need a signal at that point.

For Auto Volts, after the delay has expired, the voltage is sampled for the next six periods then plasmac.thc-active goes true.

For Cut Parameter Volts plasmac.thc-active goes true as soon as the delay has expired.

More
24 Apr 2020 05:58 #165356 by rodw

For Auto Volts, after the delay has expired, the voltage is sampled for the next six periods then plasmac.thc-active goes true.

For Cut Parameter Volts plasmac.thc-active goes true as soon as the delay has expired.

Thanks, hat helped a lot. I Must have missed something.... but where the oscillation starts and finishes looks good!

I found I Missed something in an if else condition. Hopefully that is it!
Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2020 06:42 #165359 by rodw
Hmm, its about this time one needs to take a hard copy print out and study it over a few scotches on a Friday night. I think I can see whats wrong but I shut everything down for the night.

But I've got it installed in HAL (i think) and plasmac.thc-active is making it skip the problem I had at the start of the cut.

More
27 May 2020 06:56 #169039 by phillc54
I was mucking about with a Raspberry Pi 4 today so I thought I would take a look at kerfcrossing. Here is a plot with the kerfcross threshold set to the default (100%). It doesnt look too bad so I didn't bother changing anything. I may have a bit more of a play tomorrow if I get time.
This was cutting 2mm sheet at right angles to previous cuts which were 10mm apart.
plasmac:arc-voltage-out at the bottom is 10V per division

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw, thefabricator03

More
27 May 2020 06:58 #169040 by rodw
Good work Phill. I got close than I broke it trying to improve it, then I got busy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 1.216 seconds