Plasma cutter Startup Error

More
05 Apr 2020 18:37 #162784 by Riggorous
Hey guys,

New here and pretty inexperienced with Linux and CNC machines in general. I’m trying to configure PlasmaC in my home built table and am running in to some kind of startup issue.

Table specs. 4ft x4ft table, using stepper motors and a HobbyCNC Pro Chopper Board, Everlast 60s power source and a Proma 150 THC. Pretty sure the version of Linuxcnc I have right now is 2.8.x

I have a running and properly scaled configuration on the normal program all axis work and move around. I followed the PlasmaC user guide for a buildbot install of PlasmaC and configuration. When I go to start up the program I get error in my Hal file. “Pin 11 does not exist” and the program fails to start. Here is a picture of the log screen.

At a loss as to what caused this. Pin 11 is my Arc Ok input. I played around with it and it does this for any pin I set. Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 18:47 #162786 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Plasma cutter Startup Error
Its likely you don't have the correct pin name

I would expect the actual pin name to be something like "parport.0.pin-11-in"

Can you post your hal and ini files to the forum?

More
05 Apr 2020 19:08 #162787 by Riggorous
You’re absolutely correct, I re read the PlasmaC user guide and saw a note about pin name. Used Halshow and got the right pin names I needed. Seems to be working now thank you for the assist!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds