Running without THC (and how not to use a THCAD-10)

More
09 Apr 2020 14:28 #163354 by little_sparky
Hi All

So I got a little bit excited after finishing a huge report for uni I’d been writing for days and was really keen to get my torch firing, so much so that I fried my THCAD-10 :( I had disconnected it from 5v power supply just so I wasn’t starting it up every time while I was making edits and getting everything right and then for some unknown reason I connected it to my 24V power supply and turned it on.

So that leads me to a question, can you use Plasma C without THC or without the THC connected?

I tried to do a test cut after I mourned they loss of my THCAD-10 in the plasma run tab and it would probe perfectly but then it wouldn’t fire the torch, it was as if it was waiting for an Ark OK or something.

Amy advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 16:32 - 09 Apr 2020 16:36 #163374 by taloot

Hi All

So I got a little bit excited after finishing a huge report for uni I’d been writing for days and was really keen to get my torch firing, so much so that I fried my THCAD-10 :( I had disconnected it from 5v power supply just so I wasn’t starting it up every time while I was making edits and getting everything right and then for some unknown reason I connected it to my 24V power supply and turned it on.

So that leads me to a question, can you use Plasma C without THC or without the THC connected?

I tried to do a test cut after I mourned they loss of my THCAD-10 in the plasma run tab and it would probe perfectly but then it wouldn’t fire the torch, it was as if it was waiting for an Ark OK or something.

Amy advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

yes you can just chose type 2 thc and then disable it
you can bypass this by invert ark ok signal
make sure the torch is enabled as it turn disable each time u start linuxcnc

Enable the torch in Gui and make pulse test
Last edit: 09 Apr 2020 16:36 by taloot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
10 Apr 2020 02:10 #163435 by little_sparky
Thank you Taloot!

I changed the mode no worries, but how do I invert the ark ok signal? Noting that I am not sending an ark ok from my plasma unit to the board.

More
10 Apr 2020 03:13 #163441 by thefabricator03
Invert the pin for the arc ok input in your hal file, type -not after the input.

More
13 Apr 2020 23:50 #163902 by taloot

Thank you Taloot!

I changed the mode no worries, but how do I invert the ark ok signal? Noting that I am not sending an ark ok from my plasma unit to the board.

use any input pin(empty) just add not as the fabricator03 said... it will keep ark ok on all the time

More
14 Apr 2020 00:25 #163907 by tommylight
There is also the option of wiring it in hal to the torch on signal.
Something like
net torch-on arcok-in
if there are such pins, or have a look what those pins are called.
My old config would not allow the machine to move at all while the arcok is on.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds