Torch not turning off

More
06 May 2020 19:38 #166886 by JTknives
So I have upgraded from the 30XP to the 45xp machine torch set up. From the beginning of install I noticed a weird hesitation in turning off the torch. At the end of the cut the torch would retract and still be on for a split sec. I could never figure it out so I just ran it like that. But today I’m having a much different issue. It will finish a cut and retract and the torch is still on all the way till it try’s to cut again then it turns off and back on to pierce. It’s random to I could run the same program over and it will show up at diffrent times. I’m running a real old plasmaC version but it has all ways been good except curf crossing and corner lock and I have cut thousands of knife blanks on this table. But this version is right after that was added. So I’m kinda confused, could it be a computer lagging issue but everything else responds how it should. Thanks guys for any help you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2020 20:56 #166889 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Torch not turning off
Does the "torch on" led stay on during that incident ?
Anyway, that sounds like a stuck relay contact on the plasma, but first check the LED and the torch on signal in halshow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
07 May 2020 00:21 #166912 by JTknives
Replied by JTknives on topic Torch not turning off
I can’t seam to get it to do it with just the pulse button on the plasmaC.

More
07 May 2020 00:26 #166913 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Torch not turning off
Can you post a shot of your config panel.

More
07 May 2020 03:47 #166930 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Torch not turning off
How arer you triggering the torch? With a relay? Is it a mechanical relay? Its possible that your relay is mismatched to the plasma cutter and the contacts may have oxidiesed... Try swapping out your torch relay and f it does not go away, call for a service...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds