Float Switch Won't Switch States?

More
17 May 2020 03:24 #168022 by PurduePete
So I just ran into a very odd error today. I spent a lot of last night working on wiring up hypersense, so ohmic sense is not currently functioning. The only change in the main panel was that I wired directly to the board at pins 9, 12, 13, and 14. I had been cutting earlier in the night just fine as well but did not cut after that install and getting the panel wired properly with the hypersense installed.

When I walked into the shop and started up the machine to get some rush orders out, the float switch was tripped. I just thought it was odd and went and checked the switch. It was not tripped on the machine. So I moved it to try and get it to change states and nothing. I have the -not input enabled because it is a NO switch that is constantly on. Changed it in the software to see if it would change states. Changed the input pin on the controller from 29 to 31 but it followed it. Swapped the interface relay. Removed it from the board completely. Nothing worked. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing my issue? I changed the debounce from 0 to 1 and moved 0 to the breakaway, it followed the debounce to the breakaway. I even went to another build that functions that I use for testing, but the issue persists there as well.

Currently working on installing Buster on another computer to try getting another computer running to check that. My last one is running mint, but I can't figure out the repositories so I can't upgrade LinuxCNC. Last bit is another issue and not meant to be brought up here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2020 03:26 #168023 by phillc54
Can you post your connections hal file.

More
17 May 2020 03:57 #168024 by PurduePete
I attached the whole working setup.

File Attachment:

File Name: force_desi...05-16.gz
File Size:488 KB
Attachments:

More
17 May 2020 04:40 #168025 by phillc54
The best bet from here is to open halshow and watch the hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.inputs 29, 27 and 28 while you activate the switches.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds