PlasmaC Arc getting lost

More
19 May 2020 07:24 - 19 May 2020 07:49 #168234 by Clive S
OK what parameters do I need to look at. I having trouble with thin 2-3mm cuts with arc lost usually. It seems to be fine on 6mm upwards.

The arc ok light comes on but fails so it probe again and again. Would the air pressure need to be lowered on thinner cuts.

I have tried at 2300mm/m down to 200mm/min. I use a reed switch for the arc OK.

On a side note: nothing to do with above what THC would I require for a HF start machine and what THC for a Hypatherm 45 coupled with a 7i96. Reason I asked is the the guy wants to use a HF plasma first and then buy a 45 later. Could the THC 10 be used for both.
Last edit: 19 May 2020 07:49 by Clive S. Reason: changed 65 to 45

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2020 07:32 #168235 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC Arc getting lost

On a side note: nothing to do with above what THC would I require for a HF start machine and what THC for a Hypatherm 45 coupled with a 7i96. Reason I asked is the the guy want to use a HF plasma first and then buy a 65 later. Could the THC 10 be used for both.

THCAD 10 should be fine for both, see this from PCW forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/33993-th...input-divider#105660
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
19 May 2020 07:35 #168236 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PlasmaC Arc getting lost

OK what parameters do I need to look at. I having trouble with thin 2-3mm cuts with arc lost usually. It seems to be fine on 6mm upwards.

At what current ?
To much current will cause the material to burn faster than the machine is travelling so it will loose the arc. Did you try faster feed rate for the thin material ?
If that does not help, might need to add another winding to the reed contact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S

More
19 May 2020 10:46 #168246 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PlasmaC Arc getting lost

At what current ?
To much current will cause the material to burn faster than the machine is travelling so it will loose the arc. Did you try faster feed rate for the thin material ?
If that does not help, might need to add another winding to the reed contact.

Ok Tom I lowered the Amps to 15 and it still did it. Then I had a light bulb moments and changed the pierce delay to 0.5 secs
that seems to have it cured. I will have to get some more 2mm to test further but it's looking good
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 May 2020 10:48 #168249 by phillc54
There is a good reason to have different materials set up.

More
19 May 2020 10:51 #168250 by Clive S

On a side note: nothing to do with above what THC would I require for a HF start machine and what THC for a Hypatherm 45 coupled with a 7i96. Reason I asked is the the guy want to use a HF plasma first and then buy a 65 later. Could the THC 10 be used for both.

THCAD 10 should be fine for both, see this from PCW forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/33993-th...input-divider#105660

Thanks Phill is it possible to edit the Name or No. on the run panel cuts. I understand you can delete them.

As I would like to reorder them ie. 2mm 6, 10mm instead of say 10mm,2mm ,6mm etc

More
19 May 2020 11:04 #168253 by phillc54
You can't reorder from the panel but you could edit the materials.cfg file directly, it is only a text file.
From the panel you could delete each one and recreate them.

More
19 May 2020 11:19 #168254 by Clive S

You can't reorder from the panel but you could edit the materials.cfg file directly, it is only a text file.
From the panel you could delete each one and recreate them.

Thanks Phill I should have RTFM as I found that I could do that B) :)

More
19 May 2020 15:49 #168277 by Clive S

Ok we have made a decision re the machine it is going to be the Hypatherm 45 with the port on it and the divider inside I believe

So is it still the THC 10 or THC 5

More
19 May 2020 16:10 #168281 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PlasmaC Arc getting lost
Depends on the divider, if 1:50 go for the 5, anything lower go for the 10.
Some might argue that 5 by 50 it 250 and plasmas do give more at open circuit, but i am pretty sure THCAD can withstand that easily.
It does give better resolution.
TCAD10 will work with either, so if you do not want to risk it, just get the 10.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds