Probe Z trouble

More
18 Jun 2020 04:41 #171974 by KaleD
Probe Z trouble was created by KaleD
I'm setting up ohmic probing on my table and I can't figure out why the z axis keeps going up without stopping when I press probe button on the Plasmac Gmoccapy GUI. It even goes past my soft limits. The Hal connections seem to be responding correctly. Ideally, I think the machine should move downwards until contact and then move up to my desired cut hight when I press the button.

I'm using a chinese parallel port BOB, 2.8, and Plasmac Gmoccapy. No modifications.

Also, I found out my plasma cutter tip and ground clamp are not isolated from one another. This results in an ohmic probe that is always tripped when the wires are hooked up and the ohmic enable is activated. What workarounds Have others come up with? Even with the wires disconnected to work around this issue I still have my first problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2020 04:44 #171975 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Probe Z trouble
Does the Z axis move in the correct direction with the buttons on the GUI.

Can you compress the configuration directory and post it.

More
18 Jun 2020 04:50 #171976 by KaleD
Replied by KaleD on topic Probe Z trouble

Does the Z axis move in the correct direction with the buttons on the GUI.

Can you compress the configuration directory and post it.

The Z does move in the correct direction with the buttons. I'll have to post the config directory tomorrow. My computer is in the shop. Is there any particular files that might contain the issue?

More
18 Jun 2020 05:08 #171978 by phillc54
Possibly the relationship between z home, z max limit, z min limit, probe height, and safe height so that means your ini file and the<machine>_config.cfg. If you post the directory I can run it in a sim.

I assume you are homing the machine before running. Actually I think you may need to do that in Gmoccapy, I don't use it so I am not sure.

More
20 Jun 2020 20:28 #172182 by KaleD
Replied by KaleD on topic Probe Z trouble

I assume you are homing the machine before running. Actually I think you may need to do that in Gmoccapy, I don't use it so I am not sure.

I am homing the machine before running. For some reason I can't transfer my ini from my Linux computer in the shop to my windows 10 laptop with my USB stick. I don't have Internet in the shop. I'll keep trying.

Is it the normal for the z to move up before probing?

More
20 Jun 2020 23:33 #172211 by phillc54

Is it the normal for the z to move up before probing?

No it is not.
Normally you would have have Z Home at or near Z maximum limit. Then on the first probe it moves Z down at Setup Speed to Probe Height. Then it probes down at Probe Speed.
If you had manually moved Z to lower than probe height or if Z Home is lower than Probe Height then on the first probe it will move up to Probe Height before probing down at Probe Speed.
Also if you had Safe Height lower than probe height then on all probes other than the first one in a job would cause it the move up at Setup Speed from Safe height to Probe Height before prbing down at Probe Speed.

So Probe Height should be lower then Safe Height (or the same height) and they should be lower (or the same) as Z Home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaleD

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds