Plamsac air scribe set up

More
20 Jul 2020 16:17 #175265 by CBEAR
Replied by CBEAR on topic Plamsac air scribe set up
I'm sure that that would have caused other issues, but it still has the same error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2020 16:22 - 20 Jul 2020 18:25 #175266 by snowgoer540
Got him all squared away. For some reason his .ini didnt update to add the "./plasmac/" to the tool.tbl file location. It had missed the M codes location as well. I ran a test configurator on a different configuration and it worked fine, so must have been a fluke in between versions or something.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2020 18:25 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
20 Jul 2020 23:30 - 21 Jul 2020 00:05 #175278 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Plamsac air scribe set up

Got him all squared away. For some reason his .ini didnt update to add the "./plasmac/" to the tool.tbl file location. It had missed the M codes location as well. I ran a test configurator on a different configuration and it worked fine, so must have been a fluke in between versions or something.

It should put a local copy of the tool.tbl in the config directory so it shouldn't need the "./plasmac" added.

EDIT: was that a plasmac update or new install?

EDIT2: I do see an issue where the configurator doesn't copy the tool.tbl for a new install. You should see a tool table not found error when starting LinuxCNC. I have fixed it but will wait for your reply before pushing any changes as more may be needed.
The USER_M_PATH works correctly for both upgrades and new install
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 00:05 by phillc54.

More
21 Jul 2020 00:29 - 21 Jul 2020 00:30 #175290 by snowgoer540

It should put a local copy of the tool.tbl in the config directory so it shouldn't need the "./plasmac" added.

EDIT: was that a plasmac update or new install?

EDIT2: I do see an issue where the configurator doesn't copy the tool.tbl for a new install. You should see a tool table not found error when starting LinuxCNC. I have fixed it but will wait for your reply before pushing any changes as more may be needed.
The USER_M_PATH works correctly for both upgrades and new install

It was a new install at .140, then he upgraded to .143. I don’t think there was a tool.tbl in the config folder, just the plasmac folder underneath. It did error out, until I pointed it to the plasmac folder tool.tbl. I can have him undo it if it’s not how it should be, but it works now. The M code one was weird too, but a path change fixed it. I had the same results with a new config, the m code path was correct. I didn’t check for a tool.tbl then though as it wasn’t an issue yet.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 00:30 by snowgoer540.

More
21 Jul 2020 00:35 #175291 by phillc54

It was a new install at .140, then he upgraded to .143. I don’t think there was a tool.tbl in the config folder, just the plasmac folder underneath. It did error out, until I pointed it to the plasmac folder tool.tbl. I can have him undo it if it’s not how it should be, but it works now. The M code one was weird too, but a path change fixed it. I had the same results with a new config, the m code path was correct. I didn’t check for a tool.tbl then though as it wasn’t an issue yet.

That explains it...

v0.142 fixed the USER_M_PATH issue but I didn't make it update the ini file as I hoped that no-one would be affected (I should know better)

I will push the tool table fix.

Thanks for the report.

More
21 Jul 2020 04:16 #175295 by phillc54
I would suggest that you make sure the tool.tbl file is in the .ini file as:
TOOL_TABLE              =  tool.tbl
this is to ensure that when he updates next it will not be overwritten.

More
21 Jul 2020 10:15 #175321 by snowgoer540

I would suggest that you make sure the tool.tbl file is in the .ini file as:
TOOL_TABLE              =  tool.tbl
this is to ensure that when he updates next it will not be overwritten.

Ok, I can help him get it sorted out. So just make a copy of the tool.tbl and put it in the machine folder? Should the edits be taken out of the tool.tbl in the plasmac folder?

More
21 Jul 2020 10:18 #175323 by phillc54

Should the edits be taken out of the tool.tbl in the plasmac folder?

No need, that won't affect anything.

More
21 Jul 2020 10:23 #175324 by snowgoer540
Ok, thanks Phill!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds