Valid Arc Lost 2

More
24 Oct 2020 00:34 #187055 by benbenben
Replied by benbenben on topic Valid Arc Lost 2
Mode 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2020 00:36 #187056 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Valid Arc Lost 2
Then your external THC is probably telling PlasmaC that the arc is lost.

More
24 Oct 2020 07:58 #187074 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Valid Arc Lost 2

I have a simple ebay plasma cutter and 2 different machine torches. My Plasma cutter has no communication with PlasmaC or any machine periphery whatsoever. Even the Arc OK is "bridged" so its constantly "OK". While cutting the same part using torch 1, it goes trough without any trouble, using torch 2, with the same gcode, i get multible valid arc lost errors. Does someone has an explanation for that? Also on torch 2 you can observe the arc lost, the torch is sputtering and then the program stops due to the error. But my question is how can plasma C sense that without any imput data from the plasma? Also its not the gcode since it works on torch 1 and not on torch 2 psychic?

Are they of the same type and for the same type of machine ?

More
24 Oct 2020 10:25 #187091 by benbenben
Replied by benbenben on topic Valid Arc Lost 2

Then your external THC is probably telling PlasmaC that the arc is lost.

The funny thing is, i run that thing without THC at the Moment.

@thommylight, no they are different type. My plasma cutter has HF start and no pilot arc. Since this lets my steppers wander off if the arc is not established instantaneous i wired a cable from the torch nozzle to the work piece clamp, Now i have a pilot arc in air for torch 1. I wanted to eliminate the cable around the outside of the nozzle so i bought a P80 torch, this one is for pilot arc plasma cutter, the pilot arc wire is inside the torch. So i wired it also to the work piece clamp like the previous torch 1. Torch 2 is giving me the trouble.

this vid shows what i mean what i did with the first torch

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds