Fusion 360 to PlasmaC workflow

More
21 Sep 2020 06:54 #183080 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic Fusion 360 to PlasmaC workflow
I hadn't heard of the restriction on unfolding/exporting in the sheet metal workspace (didn't see it in their announcement) - that's very disappointing. Another reason to find an alternative for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2020 00:18 #183204 by turbodude
Thanks Himarc3D but I am not eleigible for educational licences.

More
22 Sep 2020 00:24 #183205 by turbodude
Thanks Rod, it looks like you have a winning solution. While they are removing exporting of DXF's you can create a sketch from the flat pattern and then "save as dxf". Hopefully they don't block this workaround. Thanks heaps.

I still need to play with the F360 PlasmaC post processor (read the instructions) but if that proves unsuitable (or I ever need to do nesting) then I will stump up for SheetCAM.

More
22 Sep 2020 00:35 #183209 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Fusion 360 to PlasmaC workflow

Thanks Rod, it looks like you have a winning solution. While they are removing exporting of DXF's you can create a sketch from the flat pattern and then "save as dxf". Hopefully they don't block this workaround. Thanks heaps.

Yeh, I tried saving as a DXF in the cloud and it took forever, then included a lot of stuff we did not want, then I googled and found the save sketch as DXF option. So I just had to work out how to create the sketch which proved pretty easy.

F360 and I are not really friends yet!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds