Sheetcam with PlasmaC

More
12 Oct 2020 04:31 #185787 by Electechcans
I am new to Sheetcam and PlasmaC and have created a image to cut from inkscape and then imported to sheetcam, i setup the machine configuration as close to my test config in PlasmaC as I could. Should my machine be using PlasmaC configuration or Sheetcam when I run a file? it seems to be conflicting and I am getting g53 errors and F1 errors and the image doesn't come up when I try to open the file i created in Sheetcam. The g-code is there only from sheetcam. Does anyone know the right way for me to set this up, whether in PlasmaC or Sheetcam? My test cut "imperial wrench" ran perfect but I can't get anywhere from my own file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2020 04:34 #185788 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Sheetcam with PlasmaC
Set everything up in Sheetcam and then save your toolset.
Then use Plasmac's materialverter to import the toolset into plasmac
Then both systems are in step.
Happy days
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electechcans

More
12 Oct 2020 12:42 #185827 by CBEAR
Replied by CBEAR on topic Sheetcam with PlasmaC
Did you put the correct post processor in sheetcam? And is the file extension a .ngc file?

More
12 Oct 2020 20:07 #185871 by Electechcans
Replied by Electechcans on topic Sheetcam with PlasmaC
I cannot get materialverter to open, i have tried the command as in the manual $ python ~/linuxcnc/configs/tdcindustrialcncplasma/materialverter.py . I have tried changing the name to be only the pc only the linux name, but i just keep getting directory errors. Do you know what file name should i use here. I can see the materialverter.py file in the configs it is there.

More
12 Oct 2020 20:22 #185874 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Sheetcam with PlasmaC
Try
python materialverter.py

More
12 Oct 2020 20:33 #185875 by Electechcans
I tried that and it tells me ERRNO 2 no such file name or directory. When i drill down to the materialverter file in file manager it looks like this /home/tdcindustrial/linuxcnc/configs/tdcindustrialcncplasma/ then i am in my folder where i have the file materialverter.py. Not sure why this isn't working.

More
12 Oct 2020 20:42 #185876 by Electechcans
I got it, i had to put the whole path in without the ~. And then it ran. So my command was <Python /home/tdcindustrial/linuxcnc/configs/tdcindustrialcncplasma/materialverter.py> without the arrows of course. So my plan is to use sheetcam all the time, is this something i will have to setup every time i bring over a file from sheetcam or is this a one time thing? By the way Thanks for the help.

More
12 Oct 2020 20:53 #185879 by Electechcans
So my input file in Materialverter is my toolset file from sheetcam, what is my output file supposed to be i tried the actual ngc file I want run but it doesn't do anything.

More
12 Oct 2020 23:06 #185893 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Sheetcam with PlasmaC
The output file needs to be your material file, so something like:

/home/tdcindustrial/linuxcnc/configs/tdcindustrialcncplasma/tdcindustrialcncplasma_material.cfg

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds