PlasmaC on Pi4

More
29 Nov 2020 02:31 #190586 by snowgoer540
PlasmaC on Pi4 was created by snowgoer540
Just thought I’d share some stuff I’ve been messing around with in the background. Got a Pi4 to play with and got PlasmaC fully running on it. PMX communications and all.

Here’s a short video:

I should note that I did have to use the recommended settings that Phill and others have noted which is a servo period of 2mS and all of the P values for each axis to 500 (instead of the default 1000). Otherwise I got the standard latency message.

It seems to work great so far!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, thefabricator03, Mud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2020 04:00 #190590 by thefabricator03
Replied by thefabricator03 on topic PlasmaC on Pi4
It's pretty great what can be done for little cost these days, I'm thinking of building another industrial table and might give the PI 4 a go.

More
29 Nov 2020 14:52 #190609 by kramerda
Replied by kramerda on topic PlasmaC on Pi4
I too have seen similar warnings about latency with Rpi4 running PlasmaC.
I've changed iscplus to 2,3 and changed period to 1.2msec. (I see you've gone to 2.0). Are there other things I've missed from the many posts in this area - or is there a summary in the latest documents?
Thanks,
Dennis

More
29 Nov 2020 22:10 #190633 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic PlasmaC on Pi4
I didn't do anything but load the ISO from the linuxcnc download page. The semi odd thing is that I didn't really get bad latency using the histogram, but I cant run that with linuxcnc running haha so who knows. Changing the servo period made it go away. Again, no ill effects noticed. My setup has 2 THCADs and uses a USB for PowerMax RS485 communications. I'm pretty impressed.

Just changed the servo period to 2000000
and all the P values for each joint to 500
The following user(s) said Thank You: grijalvap

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds