Howto change existing setup to a Hypertherm RS485 connection

More
26 Jan 2021 22:48 #196671 by hermann1976
Hello everybody,
I am not satisfied with my existing configuration and the quality of the Telwin plasma unit and would like to switch to the Hypertherm with RS485 connection.
As far as I have read in the Plasmac documentation, there is the option of reconfiguring the plasmac plug-in to make changes.
But as far as I've seen it is not possible to select the hypertherm rs485 connection. Is that correct?
Is there a way to maintain this connection on a easy way? Maybe there is already a contribution for that?
Thanks a lot for feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2021 22:51 #196673 by phillc54
The following user(s) said Thank You: hermann1976

More
27 Jan 2021 09:59 #196722 by rodw
What is it that you are unhappy with?
Does your Telwin allow you to alter current with a 0-10 volt signal? Some of them do.
That opens up a lot of other possibilities that are not supported by Plasmac.

More
27 Jan 2021 21:01 #196811 by hermann1976
I may not have expressed myself correctly.
It is not the configuration of Linuxcnc with the Telwin plasma generator. It works fine. The power setting via the 0-10v interface also works well. The problem is the cutting quality with which we are not satisfied with the Telwin. The support from the supplier of the unit is also poor. We asked the supplier several times to set up the unit with a technician. Unfortunately no one ever came. We did get another machine torch, but the interface was the wrong one. Now the unit is going back and we have chosen the Hypertherm Powermax 85 from another supplier. Now with the full range of functions of the RS485 interface. The unit will be ordered this week and we should get it in the middle of next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

More
27 Jan 2021 21:37 #196826 by rodw
Thanks. Its a bit of a shame about the cut quality. I am sure you will be able to solve that plus you will have the pleasure of using cutting charts!

You can start entering them now as the manual is on line :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hermann1976

More
28 Jan 2021 03:34 #196888 by thefabricator03
You wont regret buying the Hypetherm. I have a Powermax 125 and I dont know what I would do without it. The cut quality for an air plasma system is the best I have ever seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds