QTPlasmac laser touch off potential gotcha

More
28 May 2021 09:45 #210505 by rodw
The laser touch off in QTPlasmac is nice and I did work it all out. rotating for a skewed sheet is nice. It would be nice if the rotation could be reset without another touch off. A long press or something.

Previously with my config, I positioned the torch over the final 0,0 position. QTplasmac just sets 0,0 offset from the torch and does not move. I think QTplasmac users could run into grief if they zero to the laser pointer and ran some code that used relative moves. eg They might run out of material and spoil a job.

What do others think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2021 10:07 #210512 by phillc54

The laser touch off in QTPlasmac is nice and I did work it all out. rotating for a skewed sheet is nice. It would be nice if the rotation could be reset without another touch off. A long press or something.

I don't think it is such a big deal to do a touch off without rotation.

Previously with my config, I positioned the torch over the final 0,0 position. QTplasmac just sets 0,0 offset from the torch and does not move. I think QTplasmac users could run into grief if they zero to the laser pointer and ran some code that used relative moves. eg They might run out of material and spoil a job.

You could program a user button to move to X0Y0 if you needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds