Suggestions problem cutting.

More
09 Nov 2021 01:40 #225748 by paulsao
Greetings to all, today I cut some pieces in 5mm carbon steel, I attach an image where I see a problem, it seems that the cut does not end at the same point but seems displaced, I am sure it is not mechanical at all. As I use a very small compressor, do I think the air pressure affects the plasma arc? If the pressure decreases during a cut, can I have these problems?

Paul. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2021 02:37 #225755 by thefabricator03
Is that where you pierced the plate to start the cut? How did you generate the G-code?
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
09 Nov 2021 02:46 #225757 by paulsao
Yes that's the point where I pierced to start the cut, G code made in Fusion 360 with 90 degree perpendicular entry and no exit.

More
09 Nov 2021 04:42 #225769 by thefabricator03
That picture looks normal for 5mm plate. At the end of the cut do you have a pause? If I was you I would add an over cut and see if the divot becomes less noticeable.

More
09 Nov 2021 04:51 #225770 by paulsao
Thanks for your help, if I have a 0.5s pause at the end of the cut and a 0.5s pierce time, I will add an overcut to test. 

More
09 Nov 2021 04:56 #225771 by thefabricator03
The divot is caused by the torching staying in one place and removing material. Also try a lead in, I use a combination of lead in and over-cut and I dont have any divots on my parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, paulsao

More
09 Nov 2021 04:58 #225774 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Suggestions problem cutting.

The divot is caused by the torching staying in one place and removing material. Also try a lead in, I use a combination of lead in and over-cut and I dont have any divots on my parts.

I would remove the pause at end. I got caught with this recently with changes in my postprocessor I had not allowed for.

More
09 Nov 2021 06:05 #225777 by paulsao
Rodw, I am going to test your new pp, and I also think I am going to buy the sheetcam license.

More
09 Nov 2021 06:08 #225778 by thefabricator03
I think SheetCam is great value for money. I use it nearly everyday and its pretty easy to use and it works well, also it is reasonably priced.

More
09 Nov 2021 06:13 #225779 by paulsao
I use Fusion 360 it is also a good tool, but in small parts I have some radio problems that I cannot fix.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds