Laser offset not working after update {Solved}

More
14 Dec 2021 13:23 - 14 Dec 2021 13:50 #229054 by Clive S
I believe after the update the laser update has been corrupted on my machine.In the ini file I have LASER_TOUCHOFF = X45.5000 -Y21.20
When moving the torch to a random position on the table the pressing the laser button 3 times it changes the dro to X44.815 Y0.0.
- Then pressing the button again 3 times  the X motor moves a very small amount less than a 1mm but the dro does not.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2021 13:50 by Clive S. Reason: formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2021 15:22 #229062 by snowgoer540
I do know that Phill noticed an issue recently with the way the MDI commands are called to move the torch to X0Y0 after touching off.  It should be committed pretty soon.  

Just out of curiosity, are you setting the offset manually, or using Phill's new offset tool (from the parameters tab)? 

Lastly, something worth trying, would be to press the laser button 3 times, and then go to the MDI and type G0X0Y0, and see if it puts the torch over the point that should be 0,0.  If it does, then just waiting for the upcoming change will likely fix your issue.  

More
14 Dec 2021 15:57 #229063 by Clive S

I do know that Phill noticed an issue recently with the way the MDI commands are called to move the torch to X0Y0 after touching off.  It should be committed pretty soon.  

Just out of curiosity, are you setting the offset manually, or using Phill's new offset tool (from the parameters tab)? 

Lastly, something worth trying, would be to press the laser button 3 times, and then go to the MDI and type G0X0Y0, and see if it puts the torch over the point that should be 0,0.  If it does, then just waiting for the upcoming change will likely fix your issue. 

Thanks for the help Greg.
re: Just out of curiosity, are you setting the offset manually. The offset is from the ini file LASER_TOUCHOFF = X45.5000 -Y21.20 not used Phill's new offset tool.
Re: go to the MDI and type G0X0Y0, and see if it puts the torch over the point that should be 0,0.
I used the button lower down
BUTTON_7_NAME = Zero-XY
BUTTON_7_CODE = g0x0y0

[/quote]

More
14 Dec 2021 16:12 #229065 by snowgoer540
I'm not sure what version you were on, but I just remembered the way the offsets were calculated was off (inconsistent with the way tool offsets are done for scribe, etc), and has been fixed.  For that reason, you would need to redo the offsets now.

The easiest way, is to set it with Phill's new offset tool, described here:  linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...l#peripheral-offsets

It's pretty slick.  

From that point, you still may have to use the G0X0Y0 button to get the torch over the zero point, that part should be fixed soon. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
15 Dec 2021 12:24 #229118 by Clive S

I'm not sure what version you were on, but I just remembered the way the offsets were calculated was off (inconsistent with the way tool offsets are done for scribe, etc), and has been fixed.  For that reason, you would need to redo the offsets now.

The easiest way, is to set it with Phill's new offset tool, described here:  linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...l#peripheral-offsets

It's pretty slick.  

From that point, you still may have to use the G0X0Y0 button to get the torch over the zero point, that part should be fixed soon. 

Update now solved.
I have just done the latest update from V1.221.142 to v1.221.144 2021 Dec 14

This has now returned to the functionality as it used to be ie. pressing the laser button 3 the torch moves to the cross from the laser.

big thanks to Phill and Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, snowgoer540

More
15 Dec 2021 13:19 #229128 by snowgoer540
Happy to hear it!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds