(SOLVED) Segmentation errors

More
13 Mar 2022 15:52 #237118 by Howlingg
A wile ago I started getting crashes with segmentation faults - I am using an HF plasma and had just changed the plasma cutter so I assumed it was that and did some extra screening and bonding and the problem seemed to go away.  It has just returned (happening almost all the time) and I have eliminated the plasma cutter by running a program without cutting - problem still occurs.Attached is the error log file - I have absolutely no idea where to start looking so if anyone has any pointers I would be extremely grateful.  Not sure how much info about my system is in the file but using a 7i96 with THC 300.Many thanksGavin

File Attachment:

File Name: error_report.txt
File Size:11 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc_info.txt.txt
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2022 18:39 #237140 by cmorley
I would do a memory check.
How about temperature? happens even with a cold computer?

More
13 Mar 2022 19:43 #237143 by Howlingg
Thanks for the reply - I will try a memory check. Not sure about when the computer is cold as I leave it running normally but thats a couple of good leads thanks.

More
14 Mar 2022 04:51 - 14 Mar 2022 04:53 #237186 by phillc54
Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 04:53 by phillc54.

More
14 Mar 2022 07:56 #237191 by Howlingg
Thanks - I had discounted that as it looked as if the fault in that thread was occurring when the system was shutdown - mine happens during a job randomly (not at the same place each time).

Is it still likely to be related?

More
14 Mar 2022 16:20 #237210 by Howlingg
Update - 8 passes of Memtest86+ have found no errors, I will leave it on again tonight for longer but I wanted to try to remove the espeak packages.

How do I remove these packages without removing linuxcnc itself? when espeak is selected in package manager and marked to be uninstalled it demands that linuxcnc-uspace and linuxcnc-uspace-dev are also uninstalled.

Many thanks

More
14 Mar 2022 22:23 #237249 by phillc54
You only need to remove python3-espeak

More
15 Mar 2022 08:54 #237309 by Howlingg
Thanks for the reply, but this is still wanting to remove linuxcnc-uspace as well. How can I just remove the python3-espeak? I am trying this from package manager, do I need to do it a different way?

More
16 Mar 2022 04:21 #237432 by phillc54
Sorry I am not much help with this, I use a run in place installation which installs python3-espeak manually so it is not a LinuxCNC dependency.

More
16 Mar 2022 17:36 #237479 by Howlingg
Update: - Many thanks for all your input on this, I have switched the HDD into another PC and, for the moment, the problem seems to have gone away. Hoping that this is permanent!

I did notice that was a lot of dust in the old PC, and can only assume that this has a reasonable metal content so am wondering if this may have played a part?

Can this be marked as solved? Many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds