Temporary material lost when recovering with Run From Line

More
09 May 2022 05:58 #242358 by Daddio
Hello all,
The cut recovery features baked into qtplasmac are life-savers!  I have, however, noticed that my temporary material from sheetcam is setup once at the beginning of the program.  If I have a cutting error and I need to do a run-from-line, the entire program up until the selected line is blown away, including the temporary material setup.  I've lost a few parts thinking my material was all setup during a cut recovery when it was lost.
How can I grab the temporary material when I need to do a run-from-line recovery? 
Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2022 08:02 #242362 by phillc54
Can you post the original gcode, I don't see that issue here.

More
09 May 2022 10:32 #242369 by RNJFAB
This was fixed some time ago, it was a small glitch.

Please ensure you have the latest version of QtPlasmac. 

Let us know if it continues
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daddio

More
10 May 2022 15:33 #242498 by Daddio
I misspoke when I said the temporary file was blown away.  It is still an option.  The problem is it is not loaded when a run from line command is being attempted, it loads the default material setup rather than the temporary material setup.  I've done it a few times, which I know is bad on me, but I'll be running a nested job, I get a cutting error, I attempt a run from line to recover and if I don't select the temporary material right before commanding it to run, it will run the default cutting material.  How can I make the temporary material the go to material when recovering?
Thanks all!

More
10 May 2022 23:32 #242536 by phillc54
I don't see that here, what happens if you try the example metric_temporary_materials.ngc (or imperial_temporary_materials.ngc)

More
11 May 2022 04:50 #242570 by Daddio
RNJFAB saved the day.  It's amazing how fast qtplasmac is being developed.  Updating to latest fixed my material issue. 
Thank you both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RNJFAB

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds