QtPlasmaC closes on startup after last update

More
15 May 2022 23:42 #243051 by CFE
Hi all,
I have updated QtPlasmaC to the latest version this morning but now it doesn't start, error logs attached. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version to keep us going until we have worked out what is going on ?

Cheers, Peter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2022 00:32 #243055 by phillc54
Oops, sorry about that, I broke the package version. I am working on a fix but it will probably be a few hours bfore I fix it and it is built by buildbot.

Previous packages are available on the buildbot but need to be installed manually from apt or gdebi:

buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/maste...reempt/binary-amd64/

The following user(s) said Thank You: CFE

More
16 May 2022 00:43 #243057 by CFE
Hi Phil,

Thank you. Is there a guide of some sorts to manually install a previous version ? I have no idea how to do that and I am hesitant to take on a process I have no experience with. My Linux knowledge is limited I am sorry to say.

Cheers, Peter

More
16 May 2022 01:34 #243061 by phillc54
I have pushed the fix, buildbot is currently building another commit and when it has finished it will begin to build with the fix, you can see the progress here:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/buildbot/grid

In the meantime a workaround would be for you to edit the handler file, it is /usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py
If you comment out line 67 from plasmac import run_from_line as RFL with a # you will be able to continue working albeit without run from line.
You do need to edit the file as root user, so if you have geany, open a terminal and enter sudo geany then open/edit/save the file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFE

More
16 May 2022 01:37 #243062 by CFE
Hi all,

A short guide to revert to an older version if there are problems with the latest version :
  • Find and download the .deb packages from   buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/maste...inary-amd64/?C=M;O=D    which are dated a week or so before the latest version.
  • Open a terminal and navigate to the directory where the downloaded deb. packages are located.
  • Type  sudo apt-get install ./*.deb  which installs the downloaded deb packages all at once.
This worked for me without hassles I am relived to say.

Cheers, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds