QTPlasmac interpreting Sheetcam material selection, M190

More
23 Jun 2022 02:02 #245640 by LinfieldGarage
Hello All,
I was working on aligning both Sheetcam and the QTPlasmac materials lists when I noticed QTP doing something odd.  I grabbed the Hypertherm materials and Plasmac materials lists from the forum and imported them into both Sheetcam and QTP successfully.

In the screenshot below you can see that the Gcode output by Sheetcam is trying to call material 6 on line 21.  On line 23 you see o=0, and the other material settings.

In the interpreted Gcode on the right, you see that QTP ignored the "T0 M6" line, and added "m190 1000000" on line 25.  I opened the QTP python code and found the section that deals with m190 (including the typo which helped me find this).  It seems to create a temporary material 1000000 when it doesn't know what else to do.  This caused the machine to run the Default material settings, not the actual material 6 settings.

Do we know if the Sheetcam PP is outputting materials incorrectly, if that "o=0" should be something else, or if I have something setup wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Jamie 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2022 02:16 #245642 by phillc54
t0m6 is selecting the torch, if you had a scribe it would be selected with t1m6
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#qt_scribe

material #6 would be m190p6
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...ic_material_handling

o=0 creates a temporary material
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...ml#qt_magic-comments

More
23 Jun 2022 02:23 #245644 by LinfieldGarage
Hey guys,
I answered my own question. Here is what I did for documentation's sake.

In the Sheetcam PP there is an option called cparms (custom parameters). When "cparms=true" it outputs extra commands that caused the behavior I noticed.

When "cparms=false" the Sheetcam PP outputs the correct material choice in the proper M190 format. See screenshot for an example of the corrected Gcode.

Hope this helps someone someday.

Attachments:

More
23 Jun 2022 02:25 #245646 by LinfieldGarage
Thank you Phil,
Makes perfect sense. I think I have her figured out now.

More
23 Jun 2022 12:29 #245673 by LinfieldGarage
Hey Phil,
I wanted to say thanks again for taking the time to post these links. I was reading the manpages on my Linuxcnc machine but not getting the details so clearly. The links you posted seem more complete and make more sense.

I sort of reverse engineered the whole material handling thing based on the behavior I saw in the files I posted, but the doc links you posted tell the whole story. It is a cool system that you guys have developed.

Thanks again for all the help you provide on this forum.
J
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds