Torch not firing

More
27 Sep 2022 16:33 #252865 by LucasWorx
Torch not firing was created by LucasWorx
Hey guys. I'm finishing up my first table build (plan to do a write up soon) and I've ran into an issue after configuring QTplasmaC. When I hit the "Torch On" button, nothing happens. I'm using the Hypertherm 45XP with a hand torch but I have the trigger wires jumpered to allow use of the CPC port/cable tunning to my Mesa 7i96S and THCAD-10. I've looked over my wiring about 10 times and just can't find the issue. I'm a Linux newb so that's not helping me but I'm enjoying learning this awesome software. I've attached my .ini and .hal files. If one of you has time, could you take a glance and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary? This would really help me out. I still need to setup my Z and floating head offsets, but I'll address that after the torch starts working. I appreciate any help I can get!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2022 17:56 #252872 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Torch not firing
QtPlasmaC has the torch pin in the connections.hal file, but just to be sure, did you check the "torch enable" in the GUI?

More
27 Sep 2022 22:24 #252894 by LucasWorx
Replied by LucasWorx on topic Torch not firing
I believe so. There is an enable button next to the "Torch On" option. That's how I've been trying to cycle it to come on. I think part of my problem is related to the torch wiring. I followed what I have seen on all the other posts as far as jumping the orange and purple wire together inside the 45XP in order to bypass the safety switch and use the CPC port, but the torch just gives me a -0 51 fault indicating the trigger pulled at start. It's frustrating because I have tried so many different things and followed directions to the T on how to wire it but maybe it's just not possible to use it with the CPC cable without the machine torch. I can't afford one at this point so I'm really trying to see where I went wrong. Guys on the Langmuier forum swear by this but apparently not for me.

More
27 Sep 2022 22:51 #252897 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Torch not firing
Open Hal Show from the Parameters (or Settings) tab and put a watch on the hm2_7i96s.0.ssr.00.out-00 pin, if that activates when the torch should fire then it is probably a wiring issue.

More
27 Sep 2022 22:53 #252898 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Torch not firing
That error seem to indicate that the trigger is stuck on

If you disconnect the start wires from the 7I96s, do you still get
that error?

More
27 Sep 2022 23:07 #252899 by LucasWorx
Phil,
Yes I can see the signal change when I press the "Torch Pulse" button. I think it's just something to do with the darn safety switch in the trigger. I tried to bypass it but I must be doing it wrong.

More
28 Sep 2022 17:28 #252957 by LucasWorx
I've decided to pony up and buy the machine torch instead of splicing into the hand torch wiring. I was going to, but I think it would be nice to have the ability to use the hand torch if necessary. Thank you guys for your help. Sincerely.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds