Camera setup

More
27 Jan 2023 23:06 #263034 by caretech
Replied by caretech on topic Camera setup
Thanks Phil! I'd test tonight but have other schedule conflicts keeping me out of my shop. I'll see if I can test tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2023 23:09 #263132 by caretech
Phil: I added the line of code, specified Camera port = 2 in my prefs file, loaded QtPlasmaC, and it worked first try. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
28 Jan 2023 23:22 #263136 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Camera setup
Great. We will work on making it a standard option.

The following user(s) said Thank You: caretech

More
07 Feb 2023 06:32 #263898 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Camera setup
If multiple cameras are available then a camera selection dialog will now show when setting camera offsets via the GUI.

More
16 Jun 2023 13:18 - 16 Jun 2023 13:20 #273697 by caretech
I said I'd report back with my findings. Time has gotten away on me! So for anyone who is wondering, the 25' active USB cable from Amazon works great. The 32' one does not work at all with my camera. Somewhere between 25 and 32 feet the limit is reached I guess, unless my longer cable arrived defective.

On another note, I need to say to anyone who is considering a camera for their table: Do NOT waste any money on the supereyes. I ignored the negative reviews to my peril. The top focusing ring is loose, and wiggling it any little bit moves the camera view. Wiggling the USB cable also changes the view. I have the camera barrel tightly clamped, but this doesn't help if the calibration is knocked out by a little cable wiggle. I tried to stiffen it up with supporting strips of aluminum and tightly wound electrical tape, which helped a lot but the camera is still not to be trusted for alignment.

I have a green dot laser I think I'll try next. I still like the camera idea and may give it another go, but I'll have to find a better camera first. The SuperEyes camera would be ok for children to fiddle with as a cheap digital microscope of sorts; other than that it is useless.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2023 13:20 by caretech.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
17 Jun 2023 22:55 #273755 by MrRekt
Replied by MrRekt on topic Camera setup
A little late to the discussion, but I thought I'd contribute the $0.02 I have -

Regarding USB extensions, I've have great success with the "Tether Tools" brand (they're on Amazon and B&H), which markets specifically to photographers/videographers. The one I have (is only 16', but they have ones up to 31') goes to the Canon DSLR I use for photogrammetry, and I've never once had an issue with it.

I'm not saying you should change up something that's working for you, just giving another option for anyone else who comes across this thread.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds