Qtplasmac without probe

More
13 Apr 2024 17:24 - 13 Apr 2024 17:25 #298180 by sin-do-re
Hello

the qtplasmac interface can be used with 2 spindles (plasma, scribe)
but although scribe doesn’t require a probing sequence, just commanding the plasma “m3” command will initiate a probe sequence and will require a z axis.

i have a need for a double head system without Z axis, where a probe is not present. One of the tools can be linked to the scribe, so it won’t require probing, but the other I need to link to plasma; and remove the probing sequence somehow.

how is this doable? Can I change the m3 macro in its source files? How are they accessible for a simple install?

I know I can use other interfaces such as gmocappy but qtplasmac has conversational and statistics which is great.

edit: 1 approach would be to actually keep the probe and use the negative direction pin on Z axis to drive a timer which drives the ohmic sense signal. But this feels weird.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2024 17:25 by sin-do-re.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2024 03:19 #298213 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Qtplasmac without probe
In master branch there is a pin named plasmac.tube-cut which if set active will inhibit probing. It is an in-progress experiment for some guys setting up a tube cutting machine but may well work for what you want.

More
14 Apr 2024 11:00 #298224 by sin-do-re
Replied by sin-do-re on topic Qtplasmac without probe
How to access this master branch ?

This seems perfect for what i need!

More
15 Apr 2024 00:51 #298263 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Qtplasmac without probe
If you are using buildbot2 in your sources list then change 2.9-uspace to master-uspace
buildbot2.highlab.com/

If you are using the original buildbot with Debian Buster then change 2.9-rtpreempt to master-rtpreempt
buildbot2.highlab.com/

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds