Living on the edge, RFL Python tracebacks

More
28 May 2024 01:29 #301633 by caretech
Greetings,

My trusty computer died, I rebuilt on a Bookworm-based machine, and installed Linuxcnc-uspace master from buildbot2.highlab.com.

Now in any file, if I click somewhere on the drawing to do Run From Line, after hitting ok in the dialog that pops up (from here to end option) then I get this notice.
Qtvcp encountered an error.
The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:
LinuxCNC Version : 2.10.0-pre0-3202-g19ad8990e8
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1948, in run_clickeddata = RFL.run_from_line_get(self.lastLoadedProgram, self.startLine, lastLine)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/plasmac/run_from_line.py", line 79, in run_from_line_getmaterial[1] = line.strip()~~~~~~~~^^^IndexError: list assignment index out of range
QtPlasmaC version 2.10-008.044

Let me know if you need any of my config backups or more detail in order to reproduce. I've tried on various ngc files, all with the same result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2024 01:35 #301634 by caretech
Pardon the second post for further details. Opened the editor and it lost all post formatting, so I backed out cautiously.

If I dismiss this error then try clearing or Reloading the file, I get another popup with the message shown below. QtPlasmaC then becomes unusable. Can't jog machine, can't cycle start, can't clear file, can't reload, can't do anything. Only recourse is to close and launch LinuxCNC and start over.
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/bin/qtplasmac_gcode", line 1656, in <module>app = Filter(sys.argv)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^File "/usr/bin/qtplasmac_gcode", line 64, in __init__self.cutType = int(response.stdout.decode())^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

More
28 May 2024 03:36 - 28 May 2024 04:32 #301639 by phillc54
It seems that this is an issue on g-code files that use temporary materials.
We will get a fix out as soon as possible.

Edit: A fix has been pushed.

Last edit: 28 May 2024 04:32 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: caretech

More
28 May 2024 18:41 #301700 by caretech
Thanks a bunch, Phil! Fast service, as usual. I shouldn't have wasted the time downgrading to 2.9 to make the issue disappear. I'll give this a whirl and see how it goes.

More
28 May 2024 20:05 #301704 by caretech
I can confirm it's fixed. Thanks a bunch, again!

Now, for a chance to test Pierce Only offsets and moving piercing on thicker materials... which were high on my list of reasons for going with the master branch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds