Tool Library Error

More
14 Jun 2024 11:22 #303000 by Sparkman61
I'm getting a message "Failed to import tool library. Please contact the vendor that supplied the file." message when trying to import the tool library file. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2024 19:26 #303021 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Tool Library Error
I move this from from the "Plasmac Post Processors" subject as it has nothing to do with Plasmac Post Processors. 

One idea might be for you to be more specific.  What program did you export the tool library from?  It would probably be helpful if you posted the exported tool library here as well.  Otherwise it's impossible to help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jun 2024 16:32 - 21 Jun 2024 18:42 #303118 by Sparkman61
Replied by Sparkman61 on topic Tool Library Error
#289146  from earlier in the Plasmac Post Processors thread. I am trying to import the tool library file included in that post into Fusion 360 (which is where the error came from).
Last edit: 21 Jun 2024 18:42 by snowgoer540. Reason: add url to post

More
21 Jun 2024 18:53 #303509 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Tool Library Error
From the QtPlasmaC user guide ( Material Converter Section ): "The Fusion 360 tool file must be in the JSON format of Fusion 360."  

The file in the post you referenced is a .csv file.  I suspect that when ashesman attached that, he intended for it to be imported into Fusion360, and not used to spit out a .cfg file for QtPlasmaC.  Further evidence to support this is that he also attached "Plasma_material.cfg", which is an already converted, and valid material file for QtPlasmaC. I think the intent was to give the user a way to import the tool list into Fusion360 so that it matches QtPlasmaC.  

If you use the Plasma_material.cfg file he provided, you will have to rename the file to suit the material file name in your config folder (you should probably back your original up first), since the convention is <machine_name>_material.cfg.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds