X and Y switched

More
26 Jul 2024 15:19 #306102 by cutnweld
X and Y switched was created by cutnweld
Good morning, this morning I was cutting some nested and rotated parts done in conversational. I stopped the cut to move my work Y zero, and now the X and Y are switched in the G54WCS. Any ideas how I can switch it back?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2024 15:34 #306103 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic X and Y switched
Not sure I'm getting the question right but if you simply want to switch the X- and Y-offset values in the G54 WCS then these MDI commands should do the trick:
#<_xoffset> = #5221
#<_yoffset> = #5222
G10 L2 P1 X#<_yoffset> Y#<_xoffset>

More
26 Jul 2024 15:42 #306105 by cutnweld
Replied by cutnweld on topic X and Y switched
Thanks. What i am actually meaning is that now my table X and Y are switched. Normally X for me is when it moves left to right. Y is towards and away from me. Now it is the exact opposite. Y moves side to side, X in and out, the little xy display that shows in the table display also shows that orientation, X and Y opposite what they used to be. As if the whole table somehow got rotated 90 degrees

More
26 Jul 2024 15:44 #306106 by Aciera
Sounds like you may have rotated the XY plane by 90°. Try this MDI command:
G10 L2 P1 R0

More
26 Jul 2024 15:49 #306108 by cutnweld
I declare! How did you figure that out? Works now, thanks a million! Appreciate it!

More
26 Jul 2024 15:54 #306109 by Aciera
Well, you wrote about 'rotated parts' so it kind of makes sense that the conversational would use the 'R' offset to do that. Glad you got it working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Jul 2024 04:02 - 27 Jul 2024 04:03 #306145 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic X and Y switched
This ~shouldn’t~ happen, there may be a bug here. Any chance you can post your gcode so I could play around with it when I get some time?

Edit:  it would be helpful if you posted a backup of your config file made from the SETTINGS tab as well, if for no other reason than to know what version you are on. 
Last edit: 27 Jul 2024 04:03 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Jul 2024 16:47 #306182 by cutnweld
As far as Gcode goes, it was done in conversational, long gone.I am not sure which version I am running but it is probably at least 2yr old. BTW I would like to thank all who have been a part of the plasmac interface development, I came from Mach3 to Plasmac, it was like going from riding an oxcart to driving a Mercedes. It is so easy to run and to learn, in the old mach3 days I would have a random torch dive and estop, sometimes wading thru thousands of lines of gcode to figure out where to restart, now I rarely ever have a thc issue and if there is a problem its easy as pushing rewind. Plus a Bucket list of other things that are way superiour. I have several miles of cutting logged on by now and very few issues. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
27 Jul 2024 22:59 #306207 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic X and Y switched
Copy that, if it’s two years old … quite a lot has changed since then… glad you’re enjoying it.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds