Cut Recovery Not Consistently Triggering

More
30 Sep 2024 17:37 #311082 by Uthayne
I run plasmac with a fiber laser now and while I have made a few modifications to the settings, the underlying plasmac component runs the same as it did with a plasma cutter. My THC is tracking to a capacitance value instead of voltage, which goes to 0 when the nozzle touches material (mainly tip-ups) during any movement. This usually leads me to needing to a do a reverse jog sequence and restart the cut - which works well.

The issue I am having is that the cut recovery panel is not consistently being enabled when paused_motion (plasmac state 19) is triggered. I can't narrow down why cut recovery is able to be used sometimes and not others. I have a component that monitors my capacitance (nozzle to work distance) and will pause the program if it goes below a threshold, or actually touches the nozzle to the work piece which prevents a crash.

To get cut recovery and reverse run to work, I usually (>90%) have to click the "REV" button, click Resume, click Pause, click "REV" again, click Resume, and then the "REV" button actually will back up the program. Other than doing this sequence, the "REV" button doesn't do anything, even while being in plasmac state 19.

I have tested cut recovery with both my custom component that will pause the program, as well as manual pausing and it doesn't make a difference for when cut recovery is not bugged.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2024 23:25 #311134 by snowgoer540
I vaguely remember fixing something similar to this with Phill's help semi recently...

It would help to know what specific version of QtPlasmaC you are running?

More
03 Oct 2024 02:44 #311209 by Uthayne
Right, my bad. I'm on QtPlasmaC v2.10-008.046

More
03 Oct 2024 09:19 #311216 by snowgoer540
Hmm wouldn’t have been that recent.

I can take a look into it when I get some time. I remember back when there was a lot of trickery surrounding the timing between the component(s) (plasmac.comp, and in your case your capacitance comp) and the GUI’s timing. Perhaps there’s a better way to implement now.

It is tough because I’ve not run into this when cutting or simulating. Not saying it doesn’t exist, but it just makes it infinitely harder to fix when the issue is inconsistent or varies between computers.

Hopefully at least the reverse run stuff is easy to duplicate …

More
03 Oct 2024 19:52 #311250 by Uthayne
My component issues an ohmic-probe signal which plasmac will then pause the program, and sometimes the "Pause" button is still shown instead of what should be a "Resume" button, so maybe that has something to do with it. However, this is not the only case when the cut recovery panel doesn't work. If I hit Pause (spacebar) manually during a cut, it is not guaranteed to have cut recovery work appropriately still.

I could try instead linking the nozzle short condition to the program-pause signal and see if that helps with the timing aspect.

More
04 Oct 2024 17:37 #311300 by snowgoer540
You could try using the following pin:
qtplasmac.ext_pause

I kind of doubt it will make much difference if you have issue with the space bar, but it's worth trying.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds