PnP feeder

More
06 Jul 2021 10:36 #213843 by my1987toyota
Replied by my1987toyota on topic PnP feeder
No problem. At least it got me back to doing my PnP project. I wish you well on your's if or when you get to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2021 23:49 - 09 Jul 2021 00:19 #214053 by my1987toyota
 So my Mesa 7i71 board came in today. Now to figure out how to activate the feeders with it. I know I will be using hal. to tell
Linuxcnc what wires actuate which feeders . But I now have to figure out how to map an M code say M100 to facilitate action.
A big question is, is it possible to have the machine placing it's part while at the same time advancing 
the feeder it just pulled from? This feels like very uncharted territory ( especially for me ). I have always built simple machines
nothing with an ATC or the like.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 00:19 by my1987toyota. Reason: updating info

More
09 Jul 2021 08:46 #214068 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic PnP feeder
It might make sense to use OpenPnP as the front end, I think that it can be set up to use LinuxCNC purely as a motion planner.

Alternatively:
You can probably use T to pick a feeder. But what about if you want to do real toolchanges of the picker nozzle?

Maybe the way to so that is to have a tool table that contains the X and Y of the feeder and use Z (or pocket?) to pick the nozzle.
Or use T1003 to switch to nozzle 3?

As you have noted, there is a lot to decide. It needs to be mapped-out between the input file (Centroid?) and the final canonical movement commands.

I don't see anything in a Centroid file that chooses nozzles, so I think that must be part of machine setup, where each feeder is associated with a nozzle somehow. Which does feel a bit tool-table-like.

The practical solution is probably a Python front-end that interprets the Centroid file, and a purpose-designed setup file for that which decides which feeder has which part, what orientation they are in the tape, and which nozzle should be used. That can then queue-up a set of simple subroutines for the various tasks.

Better would be a dedicated pluggable interpreter and a new Task module. :)

I suspect that the "Front end" that I suggested above can easily be OpenPnP, which would save a lot of work, I suspect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
10 Jul 2021 00:23 #214150 by my1987toyota
Their have been some who are trying what you suggest . I am just not sure I will go that route . Who knows they are probably on the
forum.
www.youtube.com/channel/UCTryBiDBBzWmkGBlxTgyswg

More
12 Jul 2021 10:59 #214387 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic PnP feeder
This one doesn't use OpenPnP, but it isn't clear what he does use.

I suppose we should ask him, he's on this forum.

More
12 Jul 2021 17:09 #214414 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic PnP feeder
Dmitrys config files for the above pnp machine can be found on his github page:

github.com/yur7aev/linuxpnp

More
13 Jul 2021 01:15 - 13 Jul 2021 01:20 #214468 by my1987toyota
Dmitry's video was one of the main reasons I wanted to try Linuxcnc for PnP use. The draw back is from what I have seen
 Dmitry doesn't use computer controlled feeders. Other then that He seems to have a lot of the other stuff
worked out. I do believe he uses Opencv for camera / part alignment.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 01:20 by my1987toyota. Reason: updating info

More
03 Aug 2021 00:19 #216763 by my1987toyota
Well as what usually happens to me I have another project that requires more of my attention right know.
( Truck issues ). I Had to rebuild the engine and will be reinstalling it this weekend. It will however require
me to take the next few weekends to make sure everything is good to go. it's always something.
At night though I am using my time to learn Classic Ladder and Hal component to get a working solution.

More
13 Aug 2021 15:44 - 13 Aug 2021 15:51 #217686 by my1987toyota
  Well I still have to do a final live test But I do believe I have a WORKING program. I did the logic in Classicladder and I am using
M64 and M65 codes to facilitate triggering the feeders. This is basically a first crude effort. Over time I will be building versions
that use hal components instead of ClassicLadder and more refined logic to trigger the feeders. For now though I have a solution.

I will be doing a video of it working sometime next week. below is the codes I am currently using.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_postgui.hal
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: feeder_adv...V1.5.clp
File Size:56 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Aug 2021 15:51 by my1987toyota. Reason: adding attatchments
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Aug 2021 02:21 #217726 by my1987toyota
I did a short live test. IT WORKS.   The timing initially was a bit slow so I set the timers to 700 msec. instead of 2 sec.
For now I will leave them there. This has been a major obstacle for me to overcome and I have learned alot since starting
this project. That said I can't shake the feeling that I have only overcome a mole hill and now have MT. Everest in front
of me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, anfänger

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds