Probe_basic 24 pocket atc problem

More
13 Feb 2021 20:05 - 13 Feb 2021 20:58 #198710 by jkovach77
Hello,

I am having problems setting up a 24 pocket atc. I am using the atc sim currently. I have added POCKETS = 24 to the ini. I have modified the Toolchange.ngc to work with 24 pockets without success. The var file seems to be the problem. I think there is conflict between the variables i am trying to use with other functions. I have attatched the toolchange.ngc file. Any help would be much appreciated. I am in the process of retrofitting a hurco BMC30. I have everything working under axis and Probe_basic. The atc is the only problem with probe basic currently. Basically it always thinks pocket 15 is empty.

Thanks,
Joel
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Feb 2021 20:58 by jkovach77. Reason: adding info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2021 21:37 #198733 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkovach77

More
14 Feb 2021 04:04 - 14 Feb 2021 22:20 #198775 by Lcvette

Hello,

I am having problems setting up a 24 pocket atc. I am using the atc sim currently. I have added POCKETS = 24 to the ini. I have modified the Toolchange.ngc to work with 24 pockets without success. The var file seems to be the problem. I think there is conflict between the variables i am trying to use with other functions. I have attatched the toolchange.ngc file. Any help would be much appreciated. I am in the process of retrofitting a hurco BMC30. I have everything working under axis and Probe_basic. The atc is the only problem with probe basic currently. Basically it always thinks pocket 15 is empty.

Thanks,
Joel

Yes you are using parameter numbers that are used by linuxcnc already you must find unused numbered parameters and change your files and be sure to add them in the var file as well.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gcode/overview.html
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 22:20 by Lcvette.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkovach77

More
14 Feb 2021 22:04 #198858 by jkovach77
Thanks guys,

I was able to get it working. I changed the variables to 1001 through 1024. I also had to make a few changes to other subs to get the atc widgets to load.

Joel

More
14 Feb 2021 22:22 - 14 Feb 2021 22:23 #198869 by Lcvette

Thanks guys,

I was able to get it working. I changed the variables to 1001 through 1024. I also had to make a few changes to other subs to get the atc widgets to load.

Joel

You should be using persistent numbered parameters, those you list state they are volatile. That may give you trouble.

"31-5000 - G code user parameters. These parameters are global in the G code file, and available for general use. Volatile."
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 22:23 by Lcvette.

More
15 Feb 2021 11:50 #198920 by jkovach77
So far so good. It seems to be retaining them after shutdown. The problem I had with the variables in the persistent range was that I couldn't find any in sequence of 24. I suppose it would work out of sequence if the Toolchange.ngc calculation to find empty pockets etc was written differently. but thats above my level of knowledge!

More
18 Feb 2021 00:11 #199207 by Lcvette
that is a good point, i honestly missed/forgot the calculation for pocket selection, good catch!

for the volatile vs.persistent thing though you may have some issues if you lose power without proper shutdown using volatile parameters. that was an issue i ran into early on. hopefully power outages don't happen too often but if they do you will need to manually adjust everything in the files to match the actual machine loaded tools.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds