Probe Basic - program run window question

More
20 Oct 2021 04:10 #223628 by spumco
When I run a program, the only indicator of the line that's currently being executed is a tiny little arrow to the left of the code.  I've got a 22" monitor and it's still hard to make out.

Is there some way to highlight or indicate the current line in a more dramatic way?

If so, and it requires the developement version... is there a script to install the 'old' python2 compatible development version?  I simply couldn't get MXlinux + LCNC 2.9 + python3 + QtPyVCP (master) + Probe Basic to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2021 17:55 #224599 by Joco
Looking at this and reading other posts, have you gotten to the point of getting a working py3 version of PB now?

Also, if you are still "fighting" with MX, a Debian 11 version is pretty simple to get working and I personally find the Xfce UI a dang sight easy to work with than MX.  AND all the QT versions are just right.

Follow this post: forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...eye-questions#220493
Just add an extra dependency: netcat

Cheers - J.

More
29 Oct 2021 01:24 #224622 by spumco
James,

Thanks to Spi's 'difinitive guide' and some fiddling I've got a working py3 version of PB, and I can open the editor (thanks via the other thread). 

Machine is moving like it should and I've even got my old cycle start/single-block from classic ladder going again.  Still lots to do (spindle load display, learning LCNC gcode dialect, etc.).

But...I'm not 'fighting' with MX.  It's playing nicely and I can/have adjusted the themes in Tweak so everything is visible.  I like dark themes, but PB/QtPyVCP doesn't seem to auto-adjust highlighting so I'm stuck with a lighter theme until I learn how to edit the vcp.  The default theme is ok, and once I get everything sorted out this is going to be an air-gapped dedicated control computer - so I don't care about any other apps/programs besides VSCode for editing posts/gcode.

I expect further problems (see thread on the characters being cut off in the PB windows), but I think I'm past the tantrum stage.

-Ralph

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds