Python 3 branch version of probe basic issues

More
17 Jan 2022 22:07 #232193 by cmw
I'm running MX21, linuxcnc 2.9 and the python 3 branch of probe basic.

Everything is running well except for the gcode editor doesn't seem to work.  I've poked around using editvcp and it appears that the edit gcode, find/replace, save and save as buttons are not associated with anything.   I tried adding the signals / slots to get them to do something but the only one I got working was the find/replace.

What am I missing or is this still in development?

Also, there's one other minor thing in the tool table.  The remarks column is adding a B' before each remark.  Anyone know how I can fix that?

Thanks, 

-C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2022 01:39 #232206 by spumco

More
18 Jan 2022 02:15 - 18 Jan 2022 02:16 #232209 by Joco
Two separate things here.

[1]  Editor - probably not all wired up. Hopefully some of that will start to get resolved now that a key (the key) author on PB has his dev environments working again.

[2] The "B" in the tool table is likely a framework level problem.   Do you have a copy of the tool-table file where this is being seen to attach?  Or confirm the "B" is visible in the tool table remark IN the file.  So is likely part of the table persistence layer v's it being displayed but not in the saved tool table.

Thanks - James.

Last edit: 18 Jan 2022 02:16 by Joco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
18 Jan 2022 05:58 #232215 by cmw
James,  I attached the tool table file (I had to rename it with a .txt to attach it to this reply) and a screenshot of the probe-basic tool table which shows the B' in the remarks.  There is no B' in the remarks section of the file.Thanks,Chris
Attachments:

More
18 Jan 2022 06:17 #232216 by Lcvette
the stable Py2 version for linuxcnc 2.8 has all of this working, the branch you are on is development and shouldn't be used unless you are willing to work around bugs as we find and fix. that is not to say we don't want any help finding the bugs! :)

but if you are looking for a proven working interface and are not wanting to do development work i would strongly recommend using the installer version. I have a fairly hefty commit build currently and will be pushing to an experimental branch and most of what is being discussed here is rectified on it but it will likely have some other bugs as I haven't yet had a chance to thoroughly test it. I have not had a chance to look at the tool table yet, but it is on my list already, i noticed the odd column behavior and think as Joco mentioned it is not in the gui but in the widget code and likely something that broke because of the py3 update. so please be patient as i try and find the time to sort through the rest of the list and I will update when the newest master version is pushed and request some testers to find anything i missed!

Thanks!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco, cmw

More
18 Jan 2022 07:23 #232226 by cmw
Thanks Chris, I don't have a problem working around the bugs. Those are the only bugs I've found so far and they're certainly not show stoppers. I'll be happy to pull updates as they become available.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
18 Jan 2022 20:01 #232324 by spumco
Ditto - thank you Chris (and James & others) for the update and comments.

I realize (now) I painted myself in to a corner with the vertical test branch: I misunderstood the status of the various test branches and hard-mounted my monitor in an enclosure.  Switching back to 2.8 and stable PB would be a very painful step back unless I temporarily mounted a second monitor horizontally.

Sorry I'm not competent to do any development work, but I'm happy to do any testing and bug reporting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds