Cant start probebasic anymore

More
25 Feb 2023 15:52 - 28 Feb 2023 12:48 #265334 by cheburs
Hi,
Dont know what happened but i get an error when starting linuxcnc with probebasic.
Warning: Spoiler!

Added linuxcnc report as attachemnt aswell.

When i tried to reinstall probebasic, at one step i had an error, see picture. 

File Attachment:

File Name: Untitled-1...2-25.txt
File Size:20 KB

Any advice what to do?
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Feb 2023 12:48 by cheburs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2023 06:08 #265386 by Lcvette
to get a little more information, a few questions.  were any changes made?  you state that you don't know what happened, but is there anything that changed from the last known instance that it ran? config changes to the ini or hal?  it seems to not like something in your ini file for the Y axis from the logs maybe.  i do not have a py2 test environment any longer as its getting pretty out dated now and we are focusing on getting the python3 version up and ready for debian package installation.  its close maybe a day or two and it should be ready, i would suggest maybe if possible to make the upgrade when it becomes available.  we have lost the ability to make changes to the old installer so if it is something in the installer has broken, it may unfortunately be end of life.  if that is the case and for some reason staying on lcnc 2,8/py2 is necessary, you could install with pip by setting up a local folder and cloning the following from github:

qtpyvcp (python2_maintenance) branch

probe_basic (master) branch

qtpyvcp_conversational_gcode (master) branch

and then do a pip install in each of the directories.  

More
28 Feb 2023 12:48 #265558 by cheburs
Seems i could not install qtpyvcp.conversational-gcode.git

Buy anyway, i ditched 2.8 and will install 2.9 on debian 11.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds