Py3 - Probe Basic Config Conversion Doc Lcnc 2.9+

More
13 Aug 2024 10:08 #307621 by anfänger
I started this project three years ago.
and relied in my experience of my first machine with prob basic. So i used my knowledge from five to six years ago. so there was not much documentation how to setup user tabs especially to find with my skills and my personal dislike for python.
I'll have a look at the latest Samples. And see where it brings me maybe there are now examples with user tabs.
But also a look at qtdragon was quite promising but its lacking a lathe interface for other projects. And I would like to have a similar look and feel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2024 15:02 #307638 by Lcvette
user tabs are in the sim config folder, you simply turn them on or off in the ini file, there is one for the main tab group and the side bar, so it pretty much covers you for being able to add any functionality you may need. 

now it doesn't work if you are changing the main ui and need to add things in, but if you have a good idea for a change or addition you can alway voice that here or on the qtpyvcp chat.  we incorporate many ideas to make Probe Basic better often.  that is where many of the latest update changes came from, made to fix some shortcomings and add some feature functionality!.

Below is an image of the user tabs. those should also be available in the stable version.  you would simply edit those two files in qtdesigner and they are loaded on start up. this was they travel with your config and are never overwritten on updates.  you can nest tabs to make them infinitely deep to accomodate the most intesnse project additions.

Chris

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
13 Aug 2024 19:15 #307651 by anfänger
many thanks this way I can keep a lot of my own ui stuff just need to move it.
QtDragon seens to be a bit more flexible there.
I really like the look of probe basic and it's now my 3rd machine using it.

My adaptations are usually quite unique to my machines caus they are retrofits of old industrial machines.
I had a basket tool changer and a turn table and automatic doors. (but this machine is gone)
Then there is the partial manual three stage gear box on my lathe in combination with a vfd
An om my current machines the lube and column system.

But what i uses al the time were leds for all the IO's. this helps trouble shooting.

What like is the setup sheet. I think you wrote the bits for me and it didn't get into production.

and I started on the lathe macros with saving the parameters. but I ran out of patience and time.

For me this all is just a hobby and in the past year and a half I had even less time cause I am living in two places until I got my building permit and have the new workshop prpared to move my shit.

Sorry if I was impatient I kind was hoping that it would be just one or two small things i need to change.

And then I looked into alternatives and the documentation for qtdragon was a bit easier to unterstand ho to customize for me. And it looks a bit more flexible.
But lacks a lathe interface and I still hope I can copy pate some of my shit in the custom tab and get it running.
I am kind of lazy :dry: when it comes to doing work twice.

And I need to thank you guys for being open source linuxcnc and probe_basic is really impressive and a really great piece of software.
Many thanks for all the work and kind support I am getting here

More
14 Aug 2024 00:06 #307686 by Lcvette
The user tabs are predefined ui's, you should be able to copy and paste to them. The latest version uses the var files for all parameters so they are callable from toolchange remap, same for all probe paramaters so they work if called from gcode etc.

Qtdragon is a good option too, more flavors is a good thing. As for leds for IO, I had that in there at one point but it caused some issues on faster machines and some computers, it slowed the non realtime layer down for some reason so I removed. But all that is available with halshow.

More
14 Aug 2024 08:33 #307705 by anfänger
I never managed to keep Hal show on top and didn't have problems.
Once everything runs I might reduce them but while developing it really helps so see all states while running some routines.
Just saw halshow got some nice updates maybe now it keeps on top of probe basic.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds